* :pep:`442`: :ref:`Safe object finalization <whatsnew-pep-442>`
* :pep:`445`: :ref:`Configurable memory allocators <whatsnew-pep-445>`
* :pep:`456`: :ref:`Secure and interchangeable hash algorithm <whatsnew-pep-456>`
+* :pep:`436`: :ref:`Argument Clinic <whatsnew-pep-436>`.
* Improve finalization of Python modules to avoid setting their globals
to None, in most cases (:issue:`18214`).
* A more efficient :mod:`marshal` format (:issue:`16475`).
-* "Argument Clinic", an initial step towards providing improved introspection
- support for builtin and standard library extension types implemented in C
Please read on for a comprehensive list of user-facing changes.
marked as accepting ``const char *`` rather than ``char *`` (Contributed
by Serhiy Storchaka in :issue:`1772673`).
* "Argument Clinic" (:pep:`436`) is now part of the CPython build process
and can be used to simplify the process of defining and maintaining
accurate signatures for builtins and standard library extension modules