* Copyright (c) 2000-2007 Marc Alexander Lehmann <email@example.com>
* Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or without modifica-
* tion, are permitted provided that the following conditions are met:
* 1. Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright notice,
* this list of conditions and the following disclaimer.
* 2. Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright
* notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer in the
* documentation and/or other materials provided with the distribution.
* THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY THE AUTHOR ``AS IS'' AND ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED
* WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MER-
* CHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED. IN NO
* EVENT SHALL THE AUTHOR BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPE-
* CIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO,
* PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS;
* OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY,
* WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTH-
* ERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED
* OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.
* Alternatively, the contents of this file may be used under the terms of
* the GNU General Public License ("GPL") version 2 or any later version,
* in which case the provisions of the GPL are applicable instead of
* the above. If you wish to allow the use of your version of this file
* only under the terms of the GPL and not to allow others to use your
* version of this file under the BSD license, indicate your decision
* by deleting the provisions above and replace them with the notice
* and other provisions required by the GPL. If you do not delete the
* provisions above, a recipient may use your version of this file under
* either the BSD or the GPL.
#define STANDALONE 1 /* at the moment, this is ok. */
# include "lzf.h"
* Size of hashtable is (1 << HLOG) * sizeof (char *)
* decompression is independent of the hash table size
* the difference between 15 and 14 is very small
* for small blocks (and 14 is usually a bit faster).
* For a low-memory/faster configuration, use HLOG == 13;
* For best compression, use 15 or 16 (or more, up to 23).
# define HLOG 16
* Sacrifice very little compression quality in favour of compression speed.
* This gives almost the same compression as the default code, and is
* (very roughly) 15% faster. This is the preferred mode of operation.
# define VERY_FAST 1
* Sacrifice some more compression quality in favour of compression speed.
* (roughly 1-2% worse compression for large blocks and
* 9-10% for small, redundant, blocks and >>20% better speed in both cases)
* In short: when in need for speed, enable this for binary data,
* possibly disable this for text data.
# define ULTRA_FAST 0
* Unconditionally aligning does not cost very much, so do it if unsure
# define STRICT_ALIGN !(defined(__i386) || defined (__amd64))
* You may choose to pre-set the hash table (might be faster on some
* modern cpus and large (>>64k) blocks, and also makes compression
* deterministic/repeatable when the configuration otherwise is the same).
# define INIT_HTAB 0
* Avoid assigning values to errno variable? for some embedding purposes
* (linux kernel for example), this is neccessary. NOTE: this breaks
* the documentation in lzf.h.
# define AVOID_ERRNO 0
* Wether to pass the LZF_STATE variable as argument, or allocate it
* on the stack. For small-stack environments, define this to 1.
* NOTE: this breaks the prototype in lzf.h.
# define LZF_STATE_ARG 0
* Wether to add extra checks for input validity in lzf_decompress
* and return EINVAL if the input stream has been corrupted. This
* only shields against overflowing the input buffer and will not
* detect most corrupted streams.
* This check is not normally noticable on modern hardware
* (<1% slowdown), but might slow down older cpus considerably.
# define CHECK_INPUT 1
/* nothing should be changed below */
typedef unsigned char u8;
typedef const u8 *LZF_STATE[1 << (HLOG)];
/* for unaligned accesses we need a 16 bit datatype. */
# include <limits.h>
# if USHRT_MAX == 65535
typedef unsigned short u16;
# elif UINT_MAX == 65535
typedef unsigned int u16;
# undef STRICT_ALIGN
# define STRICT_ALIGN 1
# if defined(VERY_FAST)
# undef VERY_FAST
# ifdef __cplusplus
# include <cstring>
# include <string.h>