ttnmsgmap shows gateways and messages from theThingsNetwork (demo network) on a map.
You can see this in action at:
You'll see a map with Lorawan gateways. All messages on theThingsNetwork will be displayed in a popup near the gateway that received the packet.
The Go code in this repository is a web server with the following functionality:
- Connect to theThingsNetwork MQTT server, and subscribe to the endpoints for packets and gateways.
- Provide server-sent event HTTP endpoints that forward the messages from the MQTT to browsers.
- Forward (and cache) requests to the theThingsNetwork gateway list (it is slow and doesn't do HTTPS).
- jQuery, Lodash
- OpenLayers with the Stamen tiles.
go build && (rm assets.zip; cd assets && zip -r0 ../assets.zip .) && sh -c 'cat assets.zip >>ttnmsgmap'
feel free to tackle any of the todo's below. contact me at email@example.com.
- button to toggle showing popups for messages
- button to toggle moving the map to show popups (if you are zoomed in at a small country or city, your map will move all over the place).
make gateways clickable, show meta info about them.
- list of last 10 messages received by this gateway.
- image of device, based on eui.
show activity of gateway by using colors
- set cors headers on the gateways api endpoint, maybe the SSE-ones too.
- find a way to workaround internet explorer not supporting server-sent-events.
- maybe have a way to list last 10 messages for a devaddr.