vnc viewer only, has limitations with key events and zrle encoding.
wm/vncv is a vnc viewer. vnc uses the rfb (remote frame buffer)
protocol. see the manual page for details, or try:
make sure $ROOT is set. now "mk install" to compile and install the
when building from within inferno, insert SYSHOST=Inferno and ROOT=
in the mk invocations to override the values in the mkconfig.
# latest version
the latest version can be found at:
# licence & author
all files are in the public domain. this code has been written by
mechiel lukkien, reachable at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- support color maps? only true color (varying depths) is supported now.
- show smaller cursor (mouse pointer) when over vnc fb and drawing local mouse
- use factotum for auth
- fix zrle encoding (may be due to inflate, it needs to flush output before asking new input, the stream never terminates)
- better x11 keysym translation
- get control/shift/alt/function etc keys. from tk or use a different approach.
- find utf-8/unicode extensions for copy/paste text from/to remote. it's all latin1 now.