-MoinMoin requires Python >= 2.6
, we recommend using 2.6.x.
+MoinMoin requires Python >= 2.6.
-Python 3.x won't work for MoinMoin for now.
+Python build options (in case you have to build your own Python):
* zlib support (required)
* ucs4 (32bit unicode, recommended)
* the builtin "moin" server (recommended for desktop wikis, testing,
debugging, development, adhoc-wikis)
* apache with mod_wsgi (recommended for bigger/busier wikis)
-* other WSGI-compatible servers
* For cgi, fastcgi, scgi, ajp, ... you can use the "flup" middleware:
-* For IIS 6.0 on Windows 2003, you can use a ISAPI-WSGI gateway:
- http://code.google.com/p/isapi-wsgi/ v0.4.1 has been used successfully.
+* IIS with ISAPI-WSGI gateway: http://code.google.com/p/isapi-wsgi/
+* other WSGI-compatible servers or middlewares
Dependencies (Python code)
For dependency information of python libs, please see setup.py.
-If you use easy_install or pip, this is usually automatically dealt with.
+If you use easy_install or pip (or our ``quickinstall`` script),
+this is usually automatically dealt with.
Dependencies (static files)
+If you use our ``quickinstall`` script, this is usually automatically dealt
If you are a Linux distributor you may want to package this software
separately and adapt wikiconfig.py (or the defaults in