Ngames is a framework which purpose is to create small terminal games based on the ncurses library. The idea is to hide all raw ncurses calls from user and provide easy-to-use wrappers needed during game development. Instead of operating on ncurses windows or panels the abstraction layer called "entity" is introduced.
What is this repository for?
- This project contains a ncurses-based framework for creating terminal games (see "lib" folder for header file and documentation) and the example pong game. The project is not finished. The single player mode has only a dummy AI and the multiplayer mode is not ready at all.
How do I get set up?
- Clone this repository.
- Install dependencies (Ubuntu example): sudo apt-get install libimlib2-dev check libncurses5 doxygen
- How to build: run make all
- How to run tests: make test
- How to start: maximize the terminal and run ./npong
- How to quit from gameplay: press "q"
- How to generate documentation: go to "lib" folder and run "doxygen doxygen.config". The "doc" folder will be created. Search for "index.html" file there.
Who do I talk to?
- Michal Kowalczyk firstname.lastname@example.org