This is a script that performs Rsync backups from Windows to Unix servers. It sports the following advanced features:
- It creates volume shadow copies for consistent backups and backups of open files.
- It sends email notifications when a backup fails and on every 10th backup so you know it is still working. These email notifications contain the error messages and the transfer stats.
- It includes an XML file that can be imported into Windows' Scheduled Tasks.
- Windows Vista and higher (tested on Windows 7 Professional and Windows 10 Pro)
- Clone this repository to C:\Program Files (x86)\rsyncbackup.
- Open a
cmdprompt with Administrator privileges.
powershell.exe -Command "Set-ExecutionPolicy -ExecutionPolicy RemoteSigned -Force"
powershell.exe -File "C:\Program Files (x86)\rsyncbackup\rsyncbackup.ps1".
- It will show you a link from where you need to download cwRsync. Extract the ZIP file and place its contents into C:\Program Files (x86)\rsyncbackup\cwRsync.
powershell.exe -File "C:\Program Files (x86)\rsyncbackup\rsyncbackup.ps1"again to generate the SSH key and do an initial backup.
- Open the Windows Task Scheduler (
taskschd.msc) with administrator privileges and import the XML file. The backup will then run at noon on weekdays and 6pm on weekends.