Android log viewer is the tool to simplify analysis of the Android logs.
- Display logs from a device or an emulator
- Display saved logs and dumpstate files
- Search in the logs using regex if needed
- Filter log lines by tag, PID, log priority, message content
- Filtered lines can be hidden, highlighted or shown in a separate window
- Display any avaliable buffers: main, system, events, radio
- Save filtered lines
- Display process list
- JRE 8
- Android SDK (to work with a device or an emulator)
Unpack a zip archive to any folder.
Use the OS-specific script to launch the logviewer:
- logview.bat (Windows)
- logview (Linux)
Both scripts expect the javaw/java to be on your PATH.
The following filtering criteria are supported:
- Message text
- Log priority
Filtered lines can be:
- Showed (all other lines will be hidden)
- Showed in a separate window
You may enter several tags or PIDs separated with commas, any of them will be filtered.
Message filter supports regular expressions.
If several criteria are specified, only records that match all of them will be filtered.
1. Ctrl+F - show search field
2. Enter the pattern, then press Enter to start searching
3. F3 - find next, Shift+F3 - find previous
4. Esc - clear search results
You should wrap your pattern into "/.../" - slashes - to search using regular expressions,
ex. "/^[Aa].*$/" - all lines that start with lower or upper 'a'. Regex-based searching is
case-sensitive in opposite to a simple searching. Standard Java regular expression
syntax is used.
Searching is performed in application name, tag and message fields. You can limit search scope to
the single field by prefixing search request with "app:", "tag:", or "msg:" respectively. Only one
(first) prefix is in effect, others are treated like normal search pattern.
- The bookmarks windows can be used for quick jumping between marked lines. Use context
menu to add a line to bookmarks.
- You can copy log lines to the clipboard using Ctrl+C, Ctrl+Ins or the context menu
- Double-click on tag, message or pid cell opens edit mode where you can select and copy
a substring of the cell's content
See the complete manual at https://bitbucket.org/mlopatkin/android-log-viewer/wiki