Trac is a lightweight project management tool that is implemented as a
web-based application. Trac is written in the Python programming language and
can use SQLite or PostgreSQL as database. For HTML rendering, Trac uses the
-Clearsilver templating system.
+Genshi templating system.
+Note that you should also read the trac/wiki/default-pages/TracInstall
+documentation file present in the source distribution.
* Python, version >= 2.3.
+ Please keep in mind, that for RPM-based systems you will also need
python-devel and python-xml packages.
- * Subversion, version >= 1.0. (>= 1.1.x recommended)
- * Subversion SWIG Python bindings (not PySVN).
- * PySQLite, version 1.x (for SQLite 2.x) or version 2.x (for SQLite 3.x)
- * Clearsilver, version >= 0.9.3 (0.9.14 recommended)
+ * Genshi, version >= 0.4.1 (0.5dev recommended)
+ * Optionally, Subversion, version >= 1.0. (>= 1.1.x recommended)and Subversion SWIG Python bindings (not PySVN).
+ * PySQLite, version 2.x for SQLite 3.x
* A web server capable of executing CGI/FastCGI scripts, or Apache HTTPD with
- mod_python. (Trac also comes with a standalone server, but its use is not
- recommended for use in a production environment.)
+ mod_python. (Trac also comes with a standalone server)