'302 Found' at admin login

elferingj avatarelferingj created an issue

I have the software installed on a remote host, and installation went fine, database and tables were created. When I started using it and tried to log in with the default admin user and password, I got a white page like the attached. This happened in both Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox web browsers.

Comments (14)

  1. Hans van der Weij

    I don't think we have seen this before and I don't think your host is unusual. So that's a mystery.

    Perhaps you can try removing or renaming the OpenBiblio directory and make a fresh new start because sometimes the cause for mysterious problems is corrupted scripts. For example:

    • Extracting a .zip archive on linux does not always work right, instead use the .tar.gz or .tar.bz2 archive
    • Corruption during file transfer to the host, happens more often when ftp is used.
  2. Anonymous

    I tried starting over: re-downloading the files, re-uploading the files, deleting and recreating the database then installing again... nothing worked. I even tried different computers with different platforms and FTP programs. I feel like it should work, but I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I could get it to work locally, but that doesn't help. I really need it on my remote webserver. Are there file links or case sensitivities I might be missing?

  3. elferingj

    Sorry, I forgot to log in before posting.

    I tried starting over: re-downloading the files, re-uploading the files, deleting and recreating the database then installing again... nothing worked. I even tried different computers with different platforms and FTP programs. I feel like it should work, but I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I could get it to work locally, but that doesn't help. I really need it on my remote webserver. Are there file links or case sensitivities I might be missing?

  4. Anonymous

    HTML source

    0<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//IETF//DTD HTML 2.0//EN">
    <html><head>
    <title>302 Found</title>
    </head><body>
    <h1>Found</h1>
    <p>The document has moved <a href="">here</a>.</p>
    </body></html>
    

    Probably href should have the value of $returnPage. Why isn't that the case? Is there something wrong with sessions?

  5. elferingj

    Well, I think I inserted the code correctly into the correct file (the logincheck.php file in the 'shared' directory)... I get the same result, just the zero, but maybe you can see something different in the background?

  6. Hans van der Weij

    Annoying problem... Still not sure, but I asked around and someone checked your site with the Firefox FireBug addon. He noticed a message indicating a charset conflict. I wouldn't expect this to cause login problems (for me it doesn't), but I'm no expert on this. If the following doesn't work I think I'll give up.

    Did you set the default character set to latin1 when creating the MySQL database?

    create database OpenBiblio /*!40100 default character set latin1 */;
    

    If you did not, the character set for the database might be utf8 (perhaps you can use phpMyAdmin to verify this). This does not correspond to iso-8859-1 that is set by install in settings.charset

    If the character set for the database is utf8 and you want to keep this, try the following SQL command to correct settings.charset:

    update settings set charset='UTF-8'
    

    utf8 support is not complete in OpenBiblio 0.7.1, installing with default character set latin1 is recommended.

  7. elferingj

    It's still not working right. I'm not database- or php-savvy enough to know what else to try. I tried adding those lines to the .htaccess file with the same result. I'd agree it's likely the problem is not in the code, but I'd be curious if anyone else has any ideas about what else I could do to try to fix it. I'd really like to be able to use OpenBiblio for our school library. We simply can't afford to purchase software for management.

  8. Log in to comment
Tip: Filter by directory path e.g. /media app.js to search for public/media/app.js.
Tip: Use camelCasing e.g. ProjME to search for ProjectModifiedEvent.java.
Tip: Filter by extension type e.g. /repo .js to search for all .js files in the /repo directory.
Tip: Separate your search with spaces e.g. /ssh pom.xml to search for src/ssh/pom.xml.
Tip: Use ↑ and ↓ arrow keys to navigate and return to view the file.
Tip: You can also navigate files with Ctrl+j (next) and Ctrl+k (previous) and view the file with Ctrl+o.
Tip: You can also navigate files with Alt+j (next) and Alt+k (previous) and view the file with Alt+o.