What is this repository for?
- MPDConnector is an implementation of the generic ConnectorProtocol interface specification to control a network based music player. The implementation uses libmpdclient to control mpd-based players of version 0.19 and up.
- These two frameworks are the foundation of the Rigelian MPD client, for more info see http://www.rigelian.net
What are the building blocks of this Library?
- The implementation relies heavily on reactive constructs, using RxSwift.
- ConnectorProtocol consist of five sub-protocols, all of which are implemented in this framework:
- PlayerProtocol defines a basic player, access status, control and browse implementation, plus functions to maintain player-specific settings.
- PlayerBrowserProtocol is a generic protocol to detect players on the network.
- StatusProtocol is a protocol through which the connection status of a player, as well as the music-playing status can be monitored.
- ControlProtocol is a protocol through which commands can be sent to a player, like play, pause, add a song etc.
- BrowseProtocol is a protocol through which you can browse through the music on a player. It defines various ViewModels for artists, albums, genres etc.
- The protocol is meant to be independent of the target platform (iOS, MacOS, tvOS). However testing is only done on iOS.
How do I get set up?
- For now you will have to manually copy MPDConnector into a project.
- MPDConnector depends on the following libraries:
- ConnectorProtocol https://bitbucket.org/musicremote/connectorprotocol/
- RxSwift v4
- RxCocoa v4
- RxDataSources v3
- RxBlocking v4 for the unit test part
- A set of unit tests is included, with limited coverage.
Who do I talk to?
- In case of questions you can contact berrie at rigelian dot net