Sonata, an elegant GTK+ client for the Music Player Daemon (MPD) Copyright 2006-2009 Scott Horowitz <email@example.com>
Thanks to Andrew Conkling et al, for all their hard work on Pygmy! Sonata started as a fork of the Pygmy project and is licensed under the GPLv3.
- Scott Horowitz <firstname.lastname@example.org> Tuukka Hastrup <Tuukka.Hastrup@iki.fi> Stephen Boyd <email@example.com>
- (Required) PyGTK 2.12 or newer (Required) GTK 2.12 or newer (Required) python-mpd 0.2 or newer (Required) Python 2.5 or newer (Required) MPD 0.12 or newer, possibly on another computer (Optional) Gnome-python-extras for enhanced system tray (Optional) taglib and tagpy for editing metadata (Optional) dbus-python for mmkeys, single instance support (Building) GCC (Building) python-dev (on some distros)
- Sonata can be run from source without installation. Simply run 'python sonata.py' as your user.
- Run 'python setup.py install' as root.
- Expanded and collapsed views, fullscreen album art mode
- Automatic remote and local album art
- Library browsing by folders, or by genre/artist/album
- User-configurable columns
- Automatic fetching of lyrics
- Playlist and stream support
- Support for editing song tags
- Drag-and-drop to copy files
- Popup notification
- Library and playlist searching, filter as you type
- Audioscrobbler (last.fm) 1.2 support
- Multiple MPD profiles
- Keyboard friendly
- Support for multimedia keys
- Commandline control
- Available in 24 languages