Cyan Audit is a PostgreSQL utility providing comprehensive and
easily-searchable logs of DML (INSERT/UPDATE/DELETE) activity in your database.
With Cyan Audit you can:
- Log any table with a PK, regardless of schema.
- Search logs by querying a simple view.
- Toggle logging on a column-by-column basis using an easy config table.
- Attribute every operation to a specific application user.
- Label any operation with a human-readable description.
- Back up and restore logs with confidence using supplied Perl scripts.
- Rotate & drop old logs automatically using a supplied Perl script.
- Keep years of logs online comfortably with automatic archival to your cheap tablespace.
- Effectively "undo" any recorded transaction by playing its operations in reverse.
- Save time with a design focused on ease of setup and maintenance.
- is written entirely in SQL and PL/pgSQL (except Perl cron scripts).
- is Trigger-based.
- supports PostgreSQL 9.6 and newer.
- has been production tested since 2012.
For installation and usage instructions please see doc/cyanaudit.md.