- Wildcards in ``include=`` and ``omit=`` arguments were not handled properly
in reporting functions, though they were when running. Now they are handled
- uniformly, closing `issue 143` and `issue 163`. **NOTE**: it is possible
+ uniformly, closing `issue 143` and `issue 163`. **NOTE**: it is possible
that your configurations may now be incorrect. If you use ``include`` or
``omit`` during reporting, whether on the command line, through the API, or
in a configuration file, please check carefully that you were not relying on
aliases are also installed. A "coverage2" or "coverage3" command will be
created, depending on whether you are installing in Python 2.x or 3.x.
A "coverage-X.Y" command will also be created corresponding to your specific
- version of Python. Closes `issue 111`.
+ version of Python. Closes `issue 111`.
- The coverage.py installer no longer tries to bootstrap setuptools or
- Distribute. You must have one of them installed first, as `issue 202`
+ Distribute. You must have one of them installed first, as `issue 202`
-- The coverage.py kit now includes docs (closing `issue 137`) and tests.
+- The coverage.py kit now includes docs (closing `issue 137`) and tests.
- On Windows, files are now reported in their correct case, fixing `issue 89`_
- If `coverage xml` fails because there is no data to report, it used to
create a zero-length XML file. Now it doesn't, fixing `issue 210`_.
+- Jython files now work with the ``--source`` option, fixing `issue 100`_.
- Running coverage under a debugger is unlikely to work, but it shouldn't fail
with "TypeError: 'NoneType' object is not iterable". Fixes `issue 201`_.
- Added a page to the docs about contributing to coverage.py, closing
-- Other minor bugs fixed: `issue 153`_.
+- When coverage.py ended unsuccessfully, it may have reported odd errors like
+ ``'NoneType' object has no attribute 'isabs'``. It no longer does,
+ so kiss `issue 153`_ goodbye.
.. _issue 60: https://bitbucket.org/ned/coveragepy/issue/60/incorrect-path-to-orphaned-pyc-files
.. _issue 67: https://bitbucket.org/ned/coveragepy/issue/67/xml-report-filenames-may-be-generated
.. _issue 82: https://bitbucket.org/ned/coveragepy/issue/82/tokenerror-when-generating-html-report
.. _issue 89: https://bitbucket.org/ned/coveragepy/issue/89/on-windows-all-packages-are-reported-in
.. _issue 97: https://bitbucket.org/ned/coveragepy/issue/97/allow-environment-variables-to-be
+.. _issue 100: https://bitbucket.org/ned/coveragepy/issue/100/source-directive-doesnt-work-for-packages
.. _issue 111: https://bitbucket.org/ned/coveragepy/issue/111/when-installing-coverage-with-pip-not
.. _issue 137: https://bitbucket.org/ned/coveragepy/issue/137/provide-docs-with-source-distribution
.. _issue 139: https://bitbucket.org/ned/coveragepy/issue/139/easy-check-for-a-certain-coverage-in-tests
- Line numbers in the HTML report line up better with the source lines, fixing
- `issue 197`, thanks Marius Gedminas.
+ `issue 197`, thanks Marius Gedminas.
- When specifying a directory as the source= option, the directory itself no
longer needs to have a ``__init__.py`` file, though its subdirectories do, to
`issue 179`_. Thanks, Pablo Carballo.
- Fixed more cases of non-Python files being reported as Python source, and
- then not being able to parse them as Python. Closes `issue 82` (again).
+ then not being able to parse them as Python. Closes `issue 82` (again).
- Fixed memory leaks under Python 3, thanks, Brett Cannon. Closes `issue 147`_.
- Jinja HTML templates compile into Python code using the HTML filename,
which confused coverage.py. Now these files are no longer traced, fixing
- Source files can have more than one dot in them (foo.test.py), and will be
treated properly while reporting. Fixes `issue 46`_.
- Fixed some problems syntax coloring sources with line continuations and
source with tabs: `issue 30`_ and `issue 31`_.
-- The --omit option now works much better than before, fixing `issue 14` and
+- The --omit option now works much better than before, fixing `issue 14` and
`issue 33`_. Thanks, Danek Duvall.
.. _issue 14: http://bitbucket.org/ned/coveragepy/issue/14
- Removed the recursion limit in the tracer function. Previously, code that
- ran more than 500 frames deep would crash. Fixed `issue 9`.
+ ran more than 500 frames deep would crash. Fixed `issue 9`.
- Fixed a bizarre problem involving pyexpat, whereby lines following XML parser
- invocations could be overlooked. Fixed `issue 10`.
+ invocations could be overlooked. Fixed `issue 10`.
- On Python 2.3, coverage.py could mis-measure code with exceptions being
raised. This is now fixed.
- The coverage.py code itself will now not be measured by coverage.py, and no
coverage modules will be mentioned in the nose --with-cover plug-in. Fixed
- When running source files, coverage.py now opens them in universal newline
mode just like Python does. This lets it run Windows files on Mac, for
- Tabs are now properly converted in HTML reports. Previously indentation was
+ lost. Fixed `issue 6`.
- Nested modules now get a proper flat_rootname. Thanks, Christian Heimes.