- Instruction tracing instead of line tracing.
- Path tracing (how does this even work?)
+ if the coverage data shows 1,2,3, it was if-then. if it's 1,3, then the
+ missing else was executed.
- Count execution of lines
- Track callers of functions (ala std module trace)
- Method/Class/Module coverage reporting.
+- .coverage files that can be kept separate, rather than accumulated.
- Use a .coveragerc file to control coverage.py without the programmatic API.
+- An inference mode that marks lines as executed if they "must have been" executed:
+ class definitions, etc, when coverage is started after the class is defined.
+- Different categories of exclude pragma? So you can enable and disable them
+ from the command line, to reconsider exclusions,