After upgrading to 4.0, we started getting the following stacktrace on all of our builds:
Traceback (most recent call last): File "/testing/tests/runtests.py", line 476, in <module> main() File "/testing/tests/runtests.py", line 469, in main parser.finalize(0) File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/salttesting/parser/cover.py", line 233, in finalize self.stop_coverage(save_coverage=True) File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/salttesting/parser/cover.py", line 204, in stop_coverage self.code_coverage.combine() File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/coverage/control.py", line 787, in combine self.data_files.combine_parallel_data(self.data, aliases=aliases, data_paths=data_paths) File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/coverage/data.py", line 699, in combine_parallel_data new_data.read_file(f) File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/coverage/data.py", line 293, in read_file filename, exc.__class__.__name__, exc, CoverageException: Couldn't read data from '/testing/.coverage.li1177-156.14191.086480': ValueError: Expecting object: line 1 column 16164 (char 16163)
You can find the referenced salttesting code on github.
Downgrading to 3.7.1 fixes this problem for us. I am going to spend some time investigating further what the problem is and will report back what I find. Thanks.