I primarily develop on a remote server accessible over SSH. So I use lynx to view coverage reports. When I view the index.html everything looks fine; however, when I look at any individual file I get a listing of all the line numbers then a listing of all the source lines.
Looking at the generated HTML, the index.html works because it builds each table row with all the information in it. However, the code pages seem to generate two blocks of data which I would not necessarily expect to line up properly.
I've noticed a few other Issues reporting alignment issues with the line numbers and code and this would seem to resolve those as well; I'm not sure this is a duplicate issue of any of those but the solution here would seem to address them - that is, make the code pages generate the same kind of data as the index page does - each line having all the data for that row.
FWIW, this makes the coverage reports very hard to follow in browsers like lynx.
Note: I did check the "links" console web-browser and things work there. I'm not sure what the difference is, but either way the above should make it more reliable across all browsers.