To repro this:
- Rename "coveragerc" to ".coveragerc". (Sorry about that; I couldn't figure out how to upload it with its correct name)
- pip install coverage==4.0.1
- pip install pytest==2.8.2
- pip install pytest-cov==2.2.0
- py.test --cov-report xml --cov-report term --cov=. -v cover-me.py
cover-me.py 9 2 78% in the output, and the first line of the generated coverage.xml will say
line-rate="0.7778". So far, so good.
Now change "false" to "true" in .coveragerc, and rerun it -- the .xml will remain the same, but the terminal report will say
cover-me.py 9 2 2 0 82%
I don't actually know if this is a bug, but it's surprising.