== CRYSTALEYE-HARVESTERS ==
The library is for harvesting information from the Atom feeds available
from CrystalEye (http://wwmm.ch.cam.ac.uk/crystaleye).
=== GETTING THE LIBRARY ===
Follow these steps to download the crystaleye-harvesters lib.
* Download and install Mercurial (http://mercurial.selenic.com/wiki/Download)
* Run the following command
hg clone https://firstname.lastname@example.org/ned24/crystaleye-harvesters/
which will download the code to a folder named crystaleye-harvesters in the
=== HARVESTING ===
==== WITH THE API ====
The best method of using the API to harvest data is to look at the
examples in the main methods of any class whose name ends in FeedReader.
==== WITH THE COMMAND-LINE ====
To use the harvesters from the command-line, follow these steps:
* Download and install Maven 2 (http://maven.apache.org/download.html)
* In the directory you downloaded the code to, run the command:
this will create crystaleye-harvesters.jar in a folder named 'target'.
* navigate to the 'target' folder and run the command:
java -jar crystaleye-harvesters.jar
this will give you a list of the options that should be supplied.
* A complete command to execute the Acta supplementary text harvester might be:
java -jar crystaleye-harvesters.jar -h acta-supptext -d c:/some/directory/ -m 500
this would download the first 500 entries from the feed to the provided directory.
Note that the harvester will remember which entries have been downloaded, so next time
it is run, only subsequent entries will be harvested.