News plugin for django-cms 2.x
This plugin provides a simple news feature for django-cms 2.0 and newer and and tries to keep it as simple as possible without extras like tagging or categories but while providing a news feed and menu integration.
- Install django-cms (if you haven't done so already)
- Run pip install cmsplugin-news or download this package and run python setup.py install or add it in some other way to your current PYTHON_PATH
- Add 'cmsplugin_news' to INSTALLED_APPS
- If you're using South execute python manage.py migrate, Otherwise run python manage.py syncdb within your project directory.
- In order to integrate the news-plugin with your website, create a page and add the news application (and optionally the news menu) to it by modifying the relevant "advanced settings" of it.
Last tested with
- django: 1.3.1
- 0.4 (unreleased):
- Probably a new maintainer
- RSS/Atom feed
- CMS menu integration
- Upgrade to django-cms 2.2
- Moved to beta phase
- Tested with django-cms 2.0 final
- Various bug fixes
- Adds excerpt to news model