Messaging Multiprotocol Application (bot) with automated responses using the AIML standard libraries.
- msn_lib (included and modified to fix deprecated methods)
You can install xmpp, using:
pip install xmpppy
- Rename chatbot_settings.xml.EDITME to chatbot_settings.xml.
- Edit chatbot_settings.xml filling the data required by each tag.
- Run chatbot_gtalk_setup.py or chatbot_msn_setup.py according to what service you will be using.
- To debug the AI, you can use/modify the scripts: all_questions.py (to show all questions being asked) or show_unanswered.py (to show only the unanswered ones).
- If you need to change the logic or the content of the replies, change the corresponding files in the intelligence drawer.
Try adding this contact to gmail / google apps / live / hotmail :
You can copy or modify the chatbot_gtalk_setup.py to accommodate to any service. Nowadays most messaging services use the xmpp protocol, so it should be simple to accommodate other providers.
Alfonso de la Guarda Reyes firstname.lastname@example.org
Under GPL / v3
Proprietary on demand when OSI / FSF licenses are not compatible with your desires