* Unfortunately ``<element>``, ``<attribute>`` and ``<block>`` did not
work well in IE. Instead you can now use ``data-el``, ``data-attr``
and ``data-unwrap`` on any DOM element.
* Introduce ``data-handler`` directive to hook up events directly from
template. With Obviel, this will hook up events to view directly.
* The template constructor now accepts templates that consist of
multiple elements on top ("<p>first</p><p>second</p>"). It also
accepts templates that are a piece of text and an element following
("text<p>following</p>") or are an element followed by a piece of
* Templates can be inlined in a ``<compiler_name>_script`` section
in the HTML document.
* Fix a bug in ``data-id`` generation where ``data-id="not_a_variable"``
wasn't correctly handled.
* Change Obviel to be compatible with jQuery 1.7.2. There were two issues:
* Obviel relied on document-level event handlers to be triggered
even for disconnected events.
* Obviel Forms used a cargo-culted pattern for sending 'change'
events; replaced this with shorter el.trigger('change').
* Added Obviel Template language implementation. This replaces
JSON-Template as Obviel's preferred template language. Obviel Forms
makes use of it internally. Obviel Template supports features such
as sub-views and i18n. See the :doc:`Obviel Template documentation
<template>` for more detail.
* :doc:`i18n documentation <i18n>`: how to do i18n with Obviel.
* Added Traject library. This library allows routing of paths to
objects and the inverse: constructing paths for objects. See the
:doc:`Traject documentation <traject>` for more detail.
* Added ``transformer`` hook. This allows Obviel to transform content
it retrieves from the server using URLs and hyperlinks.
* Added ``object_events`` structure, allowing you to declare events on
the object the view is rendering. Also introduce ``rerender`` method
* Added ``before`` hook to views. You can now pass a ``before``
function when configuring a view. This function will be called
before rendering (including before template rendering). This is useful
to manipulate ``this.obj`` to add extra information before the template
* Obviel Forms now uses a special view for the iface
``obviel_forms_error_area`` to render error areas. You can define a
view and render your own error area. In this view create an element
with id ``this.obj.field_error_id`` to hold the field error message,
and an element with id ``this.obj.global_error_id`` to hold the
global error message.
* Obviel Forms now sends an event soon as an error message is set or
cleared. The event names are ``field-error.obviel-forms``,
``global-error-clear.obviel-forms``. The events are sent to the
element on which the error message is rendered, and will bubble up
(so you can catch them on a higher level). The ``target`` property
of the event will also have a reference to the element on which the
message was set.
* Last release changed the obviel forms translation domain from
``obviel_forms`` to ``obviel-forms``, but forgot to adjust the forms
code to take this into account.
* Added js.obviel Fanstatic_ integration.
* Added Python-based obvielts test server for testing Obviel with a
"live" test server.
* Included jslex_prepare script to help with i18n process. See updated
``doc/i18n.txt`` for notes.
* Updated translations to include support for obviel-forms-datepicker and
.. _Fanstatic: http://www.fanstatic.org
* Obviel models may now have an ``iface`` or an ``ifaces`` property,
but not both. ``ifaces`` may be a string instead of an array. This
makes the common mistake to make a model object with ``iface`` not
a mistake anymore.
* Update test dependencies to newer version of jQuery and jQuery-ui.
These are also used by the demo code. Made it so that the version
number of dependencies not in the URL anymore, so that it's easier
to update in the future.
* Included datatables as a dependency, though haven't integrated
code using it yet.
* Add Obviel patterns ``multi``, ``event`` and ``redirect`` to
new ``obviel-patterns.js``. See the pattern demo page in the
documentation for a demo of these.
* Integrate support for simple jGrowl messages in
``obviel-jgrowl.js``; see the pattern demo page for examples.
* Reorganized directory structure: everything, including tests and demos
are in 'src' now, which in turn is included in the documentation so we
can link to demos (and its dependencies) from there.
* Include form demo in documentation.
Initial public release.