About Okapi Framework
The Okapi Framework is a set of interface specifications, format definitions, components and applications that provides a cross-platform environment to build interoperable tools for the different steps of the translation and localization process.
The goal of the Okapi Framework is to allow tools developers and localizers to build new localization processes or enhance existing ones to best meet their needs, while preserving a level of compatibility and interoperability. It also provides them with a way to share (and re-use) components across different solutions.
Okapi code is developed under the Apache 2.0 License.
- Latest release of the distributions: https://bintray.com/okapi/Distribution
- The main Okapi Framework Web site
- Users group
- A word about using open standards
- Latest snapshot of the distributions: http://okapiframework.org/snapshots
- How to Contribute
- Contributor License Agreement
Okapi is available in Maven Central, so unless you want to use the snapshot version
there is no reason to do anything in you
pom.xml other than add dependencies.
But just in case, here it is: * Okapi artifacts releases: https://search.maven.org/search?q=net.sf.okapi * Okapi artifacts snapshots: https://oss.sonatype.org/content/repositories/snapshots/
Build status on GitLab
|Okapi Integration Tests||N/A (
Example of tools and applications using Okapi
- Ratel - an editor for SRX (segmentation rules).
- Pangolin - an on-line editor for SRX files.
- Rainbow - a localization toolbox that makes use of standards like XLIFF and TMX, supports a wide range of formats and offers many features.
- CheckMate - an application to perform various quality checks on bilingual translated documents.
- Tikal - a command-line tool for extracting/merging XLIFF files and do many other tasks.
- Filters plugin for OmegaT - an OmegaT plugin to use Okapi filters.
- Longhorn - a batch processing server.
- iL10Nz - an online localization system
- Okapi-ant - several Ant tasks to process files with Okapi components.
- See some screenshots