International Aid Transparency Initiative OpenSpending Mapping
The scripts in this repository transform IATI data into an appropriate
shape for import into OpenSpending. This involves:
* Traversing the IATI registry to get a list of all available activity
* Downloading the activity files.
* Traversing each transaction with in and yielding a CSV row with data
from the transaction and the sourrounding activtiy.
* Padding up the data and normalizing values.
* Some publishers only release per-country or per-region data, we need
to map from country to region to allow at one common facet.
* Multiple policy markers are set for a single transaction; we have
no way of expressing this in OpenSpending.
Derived data can be reused under the same licensing conditions as the
IATI source data or ODC ODbL. Code is GPLv3.