Trac 0.7 'Fulci' Release Notes
May 18, 2004 (The 104th anniversary of Tonga becoming a British protectorate)
Edgewall Software proudly announces the immediate availability of our latest
release, Trac 0.7 'Fulci'.
Trac is a minimalistic web-based software project management and bug/issue
tracking system. It provides an interface to the Subversion revision control
systems, an integrated wiki, flexible issue tracking and convenient report
Trac allows wiki markup in issue descriptions and commit messages, creating
links and useful structure between bugs, tasks, changesets, files and wiki
pages. A timeline view presents all project events in chronological order,
making tracking progress or getting an overview of a project easy.
For more information, please visit the main Trac web site:
The software, published under the GNU General Public License, is
Please report problems and provide feedback in the project issue tracker:
For questions, comments and user discussions, please use the Trac mailing list
. List information, subscription and archive available at:
0.7 'Fulci' is an important release for Trac, and also brings the largest number of
improvements yet. It marks a big step towards the big '1.0', some of the
biggest changes being the introduction of a new database format and the
experimental stand-alone Trac daemon.
A summary of major changes for this release:
* Revised database format. (Requires manual upgrade).
* Trac stand-alone daemon, tracd (Experimental).
* Greatly improved browser.
* Many usability improvements.
* UTF-8 character encoding support.
* Wiki page attachments.
* Ticket attachments.
* Syntax coloring supporting >35 languages, using SilverCity or GNU Enscript.
* Better support for ReStructuredText.
* Logging support, including syslog and windows event log.
* Ticket email notification.
* Improved search facilities.
* Import tickets from Bugzilla (contributed by Mark Rowe).
* Import tickets from SourceForge (contributed by Dmitry Yusupov).
For a more complete list of improvements, see the ChangeLog at:
We'd also like to extend a warm welcome to a new member of the Trac Team,
Christopher Lenz - His work on templates and CSS has already added a nice
touch to this release.
Edgewall Software is an independent software development company specialized
in Linux and open source technologies. Edgewall provides software development
capabilities and consultancy to clients worldwide, on both short term basis
and in long term strategic partnerships.
Specific areas of expertise include:
* Python development, including Python extensions and integration.
* Web services and application development.
* C and C++ application development for UNIX and Linux.
* Cross-platform application development and porting.
* Open Source development practices, methods and tools.
Edgewall also offers professional Trac support and consulting, including
customization, integration and custom feature development.
For more information, visit our web site at <http://www.edgewall.com/>
or email us at <mailto:email@example.com>.
Many thanks to the growing number of people who have, and continue to,
support the project. Also our thanks to all people providing feedback and bug
reports that helps us make Trac better, easier to use and more effective.
Without your invaluable help, Trac would not evolve. Thank you.
Finally, we hope Trac will prove itself useful to like-minded programmers
around the world, and that this release will prove an improvement over the
Please let us know. :-)
/The Trac Team <http://trac.edgewall.com/>
Copyright (c) 2004 Edgewall Software
Edgewall Software - Professional GNU/Linux & Open Source Consulting