jaraco.net provides miscellaneous utility functions used across projects developed by the author.
jaraco.net is written by Jason R. Coombs. It is licensed under an MIT-style permissive license.
You can install it with easy_install jaraco.net, or from the mercurial repository with easy_install jaraco.net==dev.
jaraco.net includes a DNS forwarding service for Windows. This is because Microsoft appears to be unable to bind to 6 to 4 and Teredo addresses with their production DNS Server. After installing jaraco.net, the service executable is available as %PYTHON%Scriptsdns-forwarding-service.exe. In addition to the documented install/uninstall/start/stop commands, it's also possible to configure a bind address with the -b option. For example:
dns-forwarding-service -b 2002:41de:a625::41de:a625 install
The service will be installed and the bind address will be stored in HKLMSoftwarejaraco.netDNS Forwarding ServiceListen Address. Note that the service must be restarted to recognize an updated bind address.
- Added jaraco.net.devices package. Includes a Manager class for retrieving MAC addresses and IP addresses on the host.
- Created jaraco.net.http package (from module of the same name)
- Added jaraco.net.http.caching, an early attempt at providing a CachingHandler for urllib2 with HTTP protocol support.
- Added a simple echo server.
- Added http-headers command.
- Added function wait_for_host to icmp lib
- Added support for a custom bind address to the DNS Forwarding Service
- Added rss module (migrated from jaraco.util)
- Initial release.