Copyright (c) 2004-2008 The Trustees of Indiana University and Indiana
University Research and Technology
Corporation. All rights reserved.
Copyright (c) 2004-2006 The University of Tennessee and The University
of Tennessee Research Foundation. All rights
Copyright (c) 2004-2008 High Performance Computing Center Stuttgart,
University of Stuttgart. All rights reserved.
Copyright (c) 2004-2006 The Regents of the University of California.
All rights reserved.
Copyright (c) 2006-2009 Cisco Systems, Inc. All rights reserved.
Copyright (c) 2006 Voltaire, Inc. All rights reserved.
Copyright (c) 2006 Sun Microsystems, Inc. All rights reserved.
Use is subject to license terms.
Copyright (c) 2006-2007 Los Alamos National Security, LLC. All rights
Additional copyrights may follow
This file contains the main features as well as overviews of specific
bug fixes (and other actions) for each version of Open MPI since
- Fix some issues in OMPI's SRPM with regard to shell_scripts_basename
and its use with mpi-selector. Thanks to Bill Johnstone for
pointing out the problem.
- Added many new MPI job process affinity options to mpirun. See the
newly-updated mpirun(1) man page for details.
- Several updates to mpirun's XML output.
- Update to fix a few Valgrind warnings with regards to the ptmalloc2
allocator and Open MPI's use of PLPA.
- Many updates and fixes to the (non-default) "sm" collective
component (i.e., native shared memory MPI collective operations).
- Updates and fixes to some MPI_COMM_SPAWN_MULTIPLE corner cases.
- Fix some internal copying functions in Open MPI's use of PLPA.
- Correct some SLURM nodelist parsing logic that may have interfered
with large jobs. Additionally, per advice from the SLURM team,
change the environment variable that we use for obtaining the job's
- Revert to an older, safer (but slower) communicator ID allocation
- Fixed minimum distance finding for OpenFabrics devices in the openib
- Relax the parameter checking MPI_CART_CREATE a bit.
- Fix MPI_COMM_SPAWN[_MULTIPLE] to only error-check the info arguments
on the root process. Thanks to Federico Golfre Andreasi for
reporting the problem.
- Fixed some BLCR configure issues.
- Fixed a potential deadlock when the openib BTL was used with
- Fixed dynamic rules selection for the "tuned" coll component.
- Added a launch progress meter to mpirun (useful for large jobs; set
the orte_report_launch_progress MCA parameter to 1 to see it).
- Reduced the number of file descriptors consumed by each MPI process.
- Add new device IDs for Chelsio T3 RNICs to the openib BTL config file.
- Fix some CRS self component issues.
- Added some MCA parameters to the PSM MTL to tune its run-time
- Fix some VT issues with MPI_BOTTOM/MPI_IN_PLACE.
- Man page updates from the Debain Open MPI package maintainers.
- Add cycle counter support for the Alpha and Sparc platforms.
- Pass visibility flags to libltdl's configure script, resulting in
those symbols being hidden. This appears to mainly solve the
problem of applications attempting to use different versions of
libltdl from that used to build Open MPI.
- Fix a number of issues with the openib BTL (OpenFabrics) RDMA CM,
including a memory corruption bug, a shutdown deadlock, and a route
timeout. Thanks to David McMillen and Hal Rosenstock for help in
tracking down the issues.
- Change the behavior of the EXTRA_STATE parameter that is passed to
Fortran attribute callback functions: this value is now stored
internally in MPI -- it no longer references the original value
passed by MPI_*_CREATE_KEYVAL.
- Allow the overriding RFC1918 and RFC3330 for the specification of
"private" networks, thereby influencing Open MPI's TCP
- Improve flow control issues in the sm btl, by both tweaking the
shared memory progression rules and by enabling the "sync" collective
to barrier every 1,000th collective.
- Various fixes for the IBM XL C/C++ v10.1 compiler.
- Allow explicit disabling of ptmalloc2 hooks at runtime (e.g., enable
support for Debian's builtroot system). Thanks to Manuel Prinz and
the rest of the Debian crew for helping identify and fix this issue.
- Various minor fixes for the I/O forwarding subsystem.
- Big endian iWARP fixes in the Open Fabrics RDMA CM support.
- Update support for various OpenFabrics devices in the openib BTL's
- Fixed undefined symbol issue with Open MPI's parallel debugger
message queue support so it can be compiled by Sun Studio compilers.
- Update MPI_SUBVERSION to 1 in the Fortran bindings.
- Fix MPI_GRAPH_CREATE Fortran 90 binding.
- Fix MPI_GROUP_COMPARE behavior with regards to MPI_IDENT. Thanks to
Geoffrey Irving for identifying the problem and supplying the fix.
- Silence gcc 4.1 compiler warnings about type punning. Thanks to
Number Cruncher for the fix.
- Added more Valgrind and other memory-cleanup fixes. Thanks to
various Open MPI users for help with these issues.
- Miscellaneous VampirTrace fixes.
- More fixes for openib credits in heavy-congestion scenarios.
- Slightly decrease the latency in the openib BTL in some conditions
(add "send immediate" support to the openib BTL).
- Ensure to allow MPI_REQUEST_GET_STATUS to accept an
MPI_STATUS_IGNORE parameter. Thanks to Shaun Jackman for the bug
- Added Microsoft Windows support. See README.WINDOWS file for
- Fixed a potential infinite loop in the openib BTL that could occur
in senders in some frequent-communication scenarios. Thanks to Don
Wood for reporting the problem.
- Add a new checksum PML variation on ob1 (main MPI point-to-point
communication engine) to detect memory corruption in node-to-node
- Add a new configuration option to add padding to the openib
header so the data is aligned
- Add a new configuration option to use an alternative checksum algo
when using the checksum PML
- Fixed a problem reported by multiple users on the mailing list that
the LSF support would fail to find the appropriate libraries at
- Allow empty shell designations from getpwuid(). Thanks to Sergey
Koposov for the bug report.
- Ensure that mpirun exits with non-zero status when applications die
due to user signal. Thanks to Geoffroy Pignot for suggesting the
- Ensure that MPI_VERSION / MPI_SUBVERSION match what is returned by
MPI_GET_VERSION. Thanks to Rob Egan for reporting the error.
- Updated MPI_*KEYVAL_CREATE functions to properly handle Fortran
- A variety of ob1 (main MPI point-to-point communication engine) bug
fixes that could have caused hangs or seg faults.
- Do not install Open MPI's signal handlers in MPI_INIT if there are
already signal handlers installed. Thanks to Kees Verstoep for
bringing the issue to our attention.
- Fix GM support to not seg fault in MPI_INIT.
- Various VampirTrace fixes.
- Various PLPA fixes.
- No longer create BTLs for invalid (TCP) devices.
- Various man page style and lint cleanups.
- Fix critical OpenFabrics-related bug noted here:
Open MPI now uses a much more robust memory intercept scheme that is
quite similar to what is used by MX. The use of "-lopenmpi-malloc"
is no longer necessary, is deprecated, and is expected to disappear
in a future release. -lopenmpi-malloc will continue to work for the
duration of the Open MPI v1.3 and v1.4 series.
- Fix some OpenFabrics shutdown errors, both regarding iWARP and SRQ.
- Allow the udapl BTL to work on Solaris platforms that support
relaxed PCI ordering.
- Fix problem where the mpirun would sometimes use rsh/ssh to launch on
the localhost (instead of simply forking).
- Minor SLURM stdin fixes.
- Fix to run properly under SGE jobs.
- Scalability and latency improvements for shared memory jobs: convert
to using one message queue instead of N queues.
- Automatically size the shared-memory area (mmap file) to match
better what is needed; specifically, so that large-np jobs will start.
- Use fixed-length MPI predefined handles in order to provide ABI
compatibility between Open MPI releases.
- Fix building of the posix paffinity component to properly get the
number of processors in loosely tested environments (e.g.,
FreeBSD). Thanks to Steve Kargl for reporting the issue.
- Fix --with-libnuma handling in configure. Thanks to Gus Correa for
reporting the problem.
- Added "sync" coll component to allow users to synchronize every N
collective operations on a given communicator.
- Increased the default values of the IB and RNR timeout MCA parameters.
- Fix a compiler error noted by Mostyn Lewis with the PGI 8.0 compiler.
- Fix an error that prevented stdin from being forwarded if the
rsh launcher was in use. Thanks to Branden Moore for pointing out
- Correct a case where the added datatype is considered as contiguous but
has gaps in the beginning.
- Fix an error that limited the number of comm_spawns that could
simultaneously be running in some environments
- Correct a corner case in OB1's GET protocol for long messages; the
error could sometimes cause MPI jobs using the openib BTL to hang.
- Fix a bunch of bugs in the IO forwarding (IOF) subsystem and add some
new options to output to files and redirect output to xterm. Thanks to
Jody Weissmann for helping test out many of the new fixes and
- Fix SLURM race condition.
- Fix MPI_File_c2f(MPI_FILE_NULL) to return 0, not -1. Thanks to
Lisandro Dalcin for the bug report.
- Fix the DSO build of tm PLM.
- Various fixes for size disparity between C int's and Fortran
INTEGER's. Thanks to Christoph van Wullen for the bug report.
- Ensure that mpirun exits with a non-zero exit status when daemons or
processes abort or fail to launch.
- Various fixes to work around Intel (NetEffect) RNIC behavior.
- Various fixes for mpirun's --preload-files and --preload-binary
- Fix the string name in MPI::ERRORS_THROW_EXCEPTIONS.
- Add ability to forward SIFTSTP and SIGCONT to MPI processes if you
set the MCA parameter orte_forward_job_control to 1.
- Allow the sm BTL to allocate larger amounts of shared memory if
desired (helpful for very large multi-core boxen).
- Fix a few places where we used PATH_MAX instead of OMPI_PATH_MAX,
leading to compile problems on some platforms. Thanks to Andrea Iob
for the bug report.
- Fix mca_btl_openib_warn_no_device_params_found MCA parameter; it
was accidentally being ignored.
- Fix some run-time issues with the sctp BTL.
- Ensure that RTLD_NEXT exists before trying to use it (e.g., it
doesn't exist on Cygwin). Thanks to Gustavo Seabra for reporting
- Various fixes to VampirTrace, including fixing compile errors on
- Fixed missing MPI_Comm_accept.3 man page; fixed minor issue in
orterun.1 man page. Thanks to Dirk Eddelbuettel for identifying the
problem and submitting a patch.
- Implement the XML formatted output of stdout/stderr/stddiag.
- Fixed mpirun's -wdir switch to ensure that working directories for
multiple app contexts are properly handled. Thanks to Geoffroy
Pignot for reporting the problem.
- Improvements to the MPI C++ integer constants:
- Allow MPI::SEEK_* constants to be used as constants
- Allow other MPI C++ constants to be used as array sizes
- Fix minor problem with orte-restart's command line options. See
ticket #1761 for details. Thanks to Gregor Dschung for reporting
- Extended the OS X 10.5.x (Leopard) workaround for a problem when
assembly code is compiled with -g[0-9]. Thanks to Barry Smith for
reporting the problem. See ticket #1701.
- Disabled MPI_REAL16 and MPI_COMPLEX32 support on platforms where the
bit representation of REAL*16 is different than that of the C type
of the same size (usually long double). Thanks to Julien Devriendt
for reporting the issue. See ticket #1603.
- Increased the size of MPI_MAX_PORT_NAME to 1024 from 36. See ticket #1533.
- Added "notify debugger on abort" feature. See tickets #1509 and #1510.
Thanks to Seppo Sahrakropi for the bug report.
- Upgraded Open MPI tarballs to use Autoconf 2.63, Automake 1.10.1,
- Added missing MPI::Comm::Call_errhandler() function. Thanks to Dave
Goodell for bringing this to our attention.
- Increased MPI_SUBVERSION value in mpi.h to 1 (i.e., MPI 2.1).
- Changed behavior of MPI_GRAPH_CREATE, MPI_TOPO_CREATE, and several
other topology functions per MPI-2.1.
- Fix the type of the C++ constant MPI::IN_PLACE.
- Various enhancements to the openib BTL:
- Added btl_openib_if_[in|ex]clude MCA parameters for
including/excluding comma-delimited lists of HCAs and ports.
- Added RDMA CM support, includng btl_openib_cpc_[in|ex]clude MCA
- Added NUMA support to only use "near" network adapters
- Added "Bucket SRQ" (BSRQ) support to better utilize registered
memory, including btl_openib_receive_queues MCA parameter
- Added ConnectX XRC support (and integrated with BSRQ)
- Added btl_openib_ib_max_inline_data MCA parameter
- Added iWARP support
- Revamped flow control mechansisms to be more efficient
- "mpi_leave_pinned=1" is now the default when possible,
automatically improving performance for large messages when
application buffers are re-used
- Elimiated duplicated error messages when multiple MPI processes fail
with the same error.
- Added NUMA support to the shared memory BTL.
- Add Valgrind-based memory checking for MPI-semantic checks.
- Add support for some optional Fortran datatypes (MPI_LOGICAL1,
MPI_LOGICAL2, MPI_LOGICAL4 and MPI_LOGICAL8).
- Remove the use of the STL from the C++ bindings.
- Added support for Platform/LSF job launchers. Must be Platform LSF
v7.0.2 or later.
- Updated ROMIO with the version from MPICH2 1.0.7.
- Added RDMA capable one-sided component (called rdma), which
can be used with BTL components that expose a full one-sided
- Added the optional datatype MPI_REAL2. As this is added to the "end of"
predefined datatypes in the fortran header files, there will not be
any compatibility issues.
- Added Portable Linux Processor Affinity (PLPA) for Linux.
- Addition of a finer symbols export control via the visibiliy feature
offered by some compilers.
- Added checkpoint/restart process fault tolerance support. Initially
support a LAM/MPI-like protocol.
- Removed "mvapi" BTL; all InfiniBand support now uses the OpenFabrics
driver stacks ("openib" BTL).
- Added more stringent MPI API parameter checking to help user-level
- The ptmalloc2 memory manager component is now by default built as
a standalone library named libopenmpi-malloc. Users wanting to
use leave_pinned with ptmalloc2 will now need to link the library
into their application explicitly. All other users will use the
libc-provided allocator instead of Open MPI's ptmalloc2. This change
may be overriden with the configure option enable-ptmalloc2-internal
- The leave_pinned options will now default to using mallopt on
Linux in the cases where ptmalloc2 was not linked in. mallopt
will also only be available if munmap can be intercepted (the
default whenever Open MPI is not compiled with --without-memory-
- Open MPI will now complain and refuse to use leave_pinned if
no memory intercept / mallopt option is available.
- Add option of using Perl-based wrapper compilers instead of the
C-based wrapper compilers. The Perl-based version does not
have the features of the C-based version, but does work better
in cross-compile environments.
- Fix a segfault when using one-sided communications on some forms of derived
datatypes. Thanks to Dorian Krause for reporting the bug. See #1715.
- Fix an alignment problem affecting one-sided communications on
some architectures (e.g., SPARC64). See #1738.
- Fix compilation on Solaris when thread support is enabled in Open MPI
(e.g., when using --with-threads). See #1736.
- Correctly take into account the MTU that an OpenFabrics device port
is using. See #1722 and
- Fix two datatype engine bugs. See #1677.
Thanks to Peter Kjellstrom for the bugreport.
- Fix the bml r2 help filename so the help message can be found. See #1623.
- Fix a compilation problem on RHEL4U3 with the PGI 32 bit compiler
caused by <infiniband/driver.h>. See ticket #1613.
- Fix the --enable-cxx-exceptions configure option. See ticket #1607.
- Properly handle when the MX BTL cannot open an endpoint. See ticket #1621.
- Fix a double free of events on the tcp_events list. See ticket #1631.
- Fix a buffer overun in opal_free_list_grow (called by MPI_Init).
Thanks to Patrick Farrell for the bugreport and Stephan Kramer for
the bugfix. See ticket #1583.
- Fix a problem setting OPAL_PREFIX for remote sh-based shells.
See ticket #1580.
- Tweaked one memory barrier in the openib component to be more conservative.
May fix a problem observed on PPC machines. See ticket #1532.
- Fix OpenFabrics IB partition support. See ticket #1557.
- Restore v1.1 feature that sourced .profile on remote nodes if the default
shell will not do so (e.g. /bin/sh and /bin/ksh). See ticket #1560.
- Fix segfault in MPI_Init_thread() if ompi_mpi_init() fails. See ticket #1562.
- Adjust SLURM support to first look for $SLURM_JOB_CPUS_PER_NODE instead of
the deprecated $SLURM_TASKS_PER_NODE environment variable. This change
may be *required* when using SLURM v1.2 and above. See ticket #1536.
- Fix the MPIR_Proctable to be in process rank order. See ticket #1529.
- Fix a regression introduced in 1.2.6 for the IBM eHCA. See ticket #1526.
- Add some Sun HCA vendor IDs. See ticket #1461.
- Fixed a memory leak in MPI_Alltoallw when called from Fortran.
Thanks to Dave Grote for the bugreport. See ticket #1457.
- Only link in libutil when it is needed/desired. Thanks to
Brian Barret for diagnosing and fixing the problem. See ticket #1455.
- Update some QLogic HCA vendor IDs. See ticket #1453.
- Fix F90 binding for MPI_CART_GET. Thanks to Scott Beardsley for
bringing it to our attention. See ticket #1429.
- Remove a spurious warning message generated in/by ROMIO. See ticket #1421.
- Fix a bug where command-line MCA parameters were not overriding
MCA parameters set from environment variables. See ticket #1380.
- Fix a bug in the AMD64 atomics assembly. Thanks to Gabriele Fatigati
for the bug report and bugfix. See ticket #1351.
- Fix a gather and scatter bug on intercommunicators when the datatype
being moved is 0 bytes. See ticket #1331.
- Some more man page fixes from the Debian maintainers.
See tickets #1324 and #1329.
- Have openib BTL (OpenFabrics support) check for the presence of
/sys/class/infiniband before allowing itself to be used. This check
prevents spurious "OMPI did not find RDMA hardware!" notices on
systems that have the software drivers installed, but no
corresponding hardware. See tickets #1321 and #1305.
- Added vendor IDs for some ConnectX openib HCAs. See ticket #1311.
- Fix some RPM specfile inconsistencies. See ticket #1308.
Thanks to Jim Kusznir for noticing the problem.
- Removed an unused function prototype that caused warnings on
some systems (e.g., OS X). See ticket #1274.
- Fix a deadlock in inter-communicator scatter/gather operations.
Thanks to Martin Audet for the bug report. See ticket #1268.
- Fix a bug in the inter-allgather for asymmetric inter-communicators.
Thanks to Martin Audet for the bug report. See ticket #1247.
- Fix a bug in the openib BTL when setting the CQ depth. Thanks
to Jon Mason for the bug report and fix. See ticket #1245.
- On Mac OS X Leopard, the execinfo component will be used for
backtraces, making for a more durable solution. See ticket #1246.
- Added vendor IDs for some QLogic DDR openib HCAs. See ticket #1227.
- Updated the URL to get the latest config.guess and config.sub files.
Thanks to Ralf Wildenhues for the bug report. See ticket #1226.
- Added shared contexts support to PSM MTL. See ticket #1225.
- Added pml_ob1_use_early_completion MCA parameter to allow users
to turn off the OB1 early completion semantic and avoid "stall"
problems seen on InfiniBand in some cases. See ticket #1224.
- Sanitized some #define macros used in mpi.h to avoid compiler warnings
caused by MPI programs built with different autoconf versions.
Thanks to Ben Allan for reporting the problem, and thanks to
Brian Barrett for the fix. See ticket #1220.
- Some man page fixes from the Debian maintainers. See ticket #1219.
- Made the openib BTL a bit more resilient in the face of driver
errors. See ticket #1217.
- Fixed F90 interface for MPI_CART_CREATE. See ticket #1208.
Thanks to Michal Charemza for reporting the problem.
- Fixed some C++ compiler warnings. See ticket #1203.
- Fixed formatting of the orterun man page. See ticket #1202.
Thanks to Peter Breitenlohner for the patch.
- Fixed compile issue with open() on Fedora 8 (and newer) platforms.
Thanks to Sebastian Schmitzdorff for noticing the problem.
- Added run-time warnings during MPI_INIT when MPI_THREAD_MULTIPLE
and/or progression threads are used (the OMPI v1.2 series does not
support these well at all).
- Better handling of ECONNABORTED from connect on Linux. Thanks to
Bob Soliday for noticing the problem; thanks to Brian Barrett for
submitting a patch.
- Reduce extraneous output from OOB when TCP connections must
be retried. Thanks to Brian Barrett for submitting a patch.
- Fix for ConnectX devices and OFED 1.3. See ticket #1190.
- Fixed a configure problem for Fortran 90 on Cray systems. Ticket #1189.
- Fix an uninitialized variable in the error case in opal_init.c.
Thanks to Ake Sandgren for pointing out the mistake.
- Fixed a hang in configure if $USER was not defined. Thanks to
Darrell Kresge for noticing the problem. See ticket #900.
- Added support for parallel debuggers even when we have an optimized build.
See ticket #1178.
- Worked around a bus error in the Mac OS X 10.5.X (Leopard) linker when
compiling Open MPI with -g. See ticket #1179.
- Removed some warnings about 'rm' from Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) builds.
- Fix the handling of mx_finalize(). See ticket #1177.
Thanks to Ake Sandgren for bringing this issue to our attention.
- Fixed minor file descriptor leak in the Altix timer code. Thanks to
Paul Hargrove for noticing the problem and supplying the fix.
- Fix a problem when using a different compiler for C and Objective C.
See ticket #1153.
- Fix segfault in MPI_COMM_SPAWN when the user specified a working
directory. Thanks to Murat Knecht for reporting this and suggesting
- A few manpage fixes from the Debian Open MPI maintainers. Thanks to
Tilman Koschnick, Sylvestre Ledru, and Dirk Eddelbuettel.
- Fixed issue with pthread detection when compilers are not all
from the same vendor. Thanks to Ake Sandgren for the bug
report. See ticket #1150.
- Fixed vector collectives in the self module. See ticket #1166.
- Fixed some data-type engine bugs: an indexing bug, and an alignment bug.
See ticket #1165.
- Only set the MPI_APPNUM attribute if it is defined. See ticket
- Really added support for TotalView/DDT parallel debugger message queue
debugging (it was mistakenly listed as "added" in the 1.2 release).
- Fixed a build issue with GNU/kFreeBSD. Thanks to Petr Salinger for
- Added missing MPI_FILE_NULL constant in Fortran. Thanks to
Bernd Schubert for bringing this to our attention.
- Change such that the UDAPL BTL is now only built in Linux when
explicitly specified via the --with-udapl configure command line
- Fixed an issue with umask not being propagated when using the TM
- Fixed behavior if number of slots is not the same on all bproc nodes.
- Fixed a hang on systems without GPR support (ex. Cray XT3/4).
- Prevent users of 32-bit MPI apps from requesting >= 2GB of shared
- Added a Portals MTL.
- Fix 0 sized MPI_ALLOC_MEM requests. Thanks to Lisandro Dalcin for
pointing out the problem.
- Fixed a segfault crash on large SMPs when doing collectives.
- A variety of fixes for Cray XT3/4 class of machines.
- Fixed which error handler is used when MPI_COMM_SELF is passed
to MPI_COMM_FREE. Thanks to Lisandro Dalcini for the bug report.
- Fixed compilation on platforms that don't have hton/ntoh.
- Fixed a logic problem in the fortran binding for MPI_TYPE_MATCH_SIZE.
Thanks to Jeff Dusenberry for pointing out the problem and supplying
- Fixed a problem with MPI_BOTTOM in various places of the f77-interface.
Thanks to Daniel Spangberg for bringing this up.
- Fixed problem where MPI-optional Fortran datatypes were not
- Fixed several problems with stdin/stdout forwarding.
- Fixed overflow problems with the sm mpool MCA parameters on large SMPs.
- Added support for the DDT parallel debugger via orterun's --debug
command line option.
- Added some sanity/error checks to the openib MCA parameter parsing
- Updated the udapl BTL to use RDMA capabilities.
- Allow use of the BProc head node if it was allocated to the user.
Thanks to Sean Kelly for reporting the problem and helping debug it.
- Fixed a ROMIO problem where non-blocking I/O errors were not properly
reported to the user.
- Made remote process launch check the $SHELL environment variable if
a valid shell was not otherwise found for the user.
Thanks to Alf Wachsmann for the bugreport and suggested fix.
- Added/updated some vendor IDs for a few openib HCAs.
- Fixed a couple of failures that could occur when specifying devices
for use by the OOB.
- Removed dependency on sysfsutils from the openib BTL for
libibverbs >=v1.1 (i.e., OFED 1.2 and beyond).
- Fix a regression in comm_spawn functionality that inadvertently
caused the mapping of child processes to always start at the same
place. Thanks to Prakash Velayutham for helping discover the
- Fix segfault when a user's home directory is unavailable on a remote
node. Thanks to Guillaume Thomas-Collignon for bringing the issue
to our attention.
- Fix MPI_IPROBE to properly handle MPI_STATUS_IGNORE on mx and psm
MTLs. Thanks to Sophia Corwell for finding this and supplying a
- Fix some error messages in the tcp BTL.
- Use _NSGetEnviron instead of environ on Mac OS X so that there
are no undefined symbols in the shared libraries.
- On OS X, when MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET is 10.3 or higher, support
building the Fortran 90 bindings as a shared library. Thanks to
Jack Howarth for his advice on making this work.
- No longer require extra include flag for the C++ bindings.
- Fix detection of weak symbols support with Intel compilers.
- Fix issue found by Josh England: ompi_info would not show framework
MCA parameters set in the environment properly.
- Rename the oob_tcp_include/exclude MCA params to oob_tcp_if_include/exclude
so that they match the naming convention of the btl_tcp_if_include/exclude
params. The old names are depreciated, but will still work.
- Add -wd as a synonym for the -wdir orterun/mpirun option.
- Fix the mvapi BTL to compile properly with compilers that do not support
anonymous unions. Thanks to Luis Kornblueh for reporting the bug.
- Fix regression in 1.2.1 regarding the handling of $CC with both
absolute and relative path names.
- Fix F90 array of status dimensions. Thanks to Randy Bramley for
noticing the problem.
- Add btl_openib_ib_pkey_value MCA parameter for controlling IB port selection.
- Fixed a variety of threading/locking bugs.
- Fixed some compiler warnings associated with ROMIO, OS X, and gridengine.
- If pbs-config can be found, use it to look for TM support. Thanks
to Bas van der Vlies for the inspiration and preliminary work.
- Fixed a deadlock in orterun when the rsh PLS encounters some errors.
- Fixed a number of connection establishment errors in the TCP out-
of-band messaging system.
- Fixed a memory leak when using mpi_comm calls.
Thanks to Bas van der Vlies for reporting the problem.
- Fixed various memory leaks in OPAL and ORTE.
- Improved launch times when using TM (PBS Pro, Torque, Open PBS).
- Fixed mpi_leave_pinned to work for all datatypes.
- Fix functionality allowing users to disable sbrk() (the
mpool_base_disable_sbrk MCA parameter) on platforms that support it.
- Fixed a pair of problems with the TCP "listen_thread" mode for the
oob_tcp_listen_mode MCA parameter that would cause failures when
attempting to launch applications.
- Fixed a segfault if there was a failure opening a BTL MX endpoint.
- Fixed a problem with mpirun's --nolocal option introduced in 1.2.
- Re-enabled MPI_COMM_SPAWN_MULTIPLE from singletons.
- LoadLeveler and TM configure fixes, Thanks to Martin Audet for the
- Various C++ MPI attributes fixes.
- Fixed issues with backtrace code on 64 bit Intel & PPC OS X builds.
- Fixed issues with multi-word CC variables and libtool.
Thanks to Bert Wesarg for the bug reports.
- Fix issue with non-uniform node naming schemes in SLURM.
- Fix file descriptor leak in the Grid Engine/N1GE support.
- Fix compile error on OS X 10.3.x introduced with Open MPI 1.1.5.
- Implement MPI_TYPE_CREATE_DARRAY function (was in 1.1.5 but not 1.2).
- Recognize zsh shell when using rsh/ssh for launching MPI jobs.
- Ability to set the OPAL_DESTDIR or OPAL_PREFIX environment
variables to "re-root" an existing Open MPI installation.
- Always include -I for Fortran compiles, even if the prefix is
- Support for "fork()" in MPI applications that use the
OpenFabrics stack (OFED v1.2 or later).
- Support for setting specific limits on registered memory.
- Fixed race condition in the shared memory fifo's, which led to
- Corrected the size of the shared memory file - subtracted out the
space the header was occupying.
- Add support for MPI_2COMPLEX and MPI_2DOUBLE_COMPLEX.
- Always ensure to create $(includedir)/openmpi, even if the C++
bindings are disabled so that the wrapper compilers don't point to
a directory that doesn't exist. Thanks to Martin Audet for
identifying the problem.
- Fixes for endian handling in MPI process startup.
- Openib BTL initialization fixes for cases where MPI processes in the
same job has different numbers of active ports on the same physical
- Print more descriptive information when displaying backtraces on
OS's that support this functionality, such as the hostname and PID
of the process in question.
- Fixes to properly handle MPI exceptions in C++ on communicators,
windows, and files.
- Much more reliable runtime support, particularly with regards to MPI
job startup scalability, BProc support, and cleanup in failure
scenarios (e.g., MPI_ABORT, MPI processes abnormally terminating,
- Significant performance improvements for MPI collectives,
particularly on high-speed networks.
- Various fixes in the MX BTL component.
- Fix C++ typecast problems with MPI_ERRCODES_IGNORE. Thanks to
Satish Balay for bringing this to our attention.
- Allow run-time specification of the maximum amount of registered
memory for OpenFabrics and GM.
- Users who utilize the wrapper compilers (e.g., mpicc and mpif77)
will not notice, but the underlying library names for ORTE and OPAL
have changed to libopen-rte and libopen-pal, respectively (listed
here because there are undoubtedly some users who are not using the
- Many bug fixes to MPI-2 one-sided support.
- Added support for TotalView message queue debugging.
- Fixes for MPI_STATUS_SET_ELEMENTS.
- Print better error messages when mpirun's "-nolocal" is used when
there is only one node available.
- Added man pages for several Open MPI executables and the MPI API
- A number of fixes for Alpha platforms.
- A variety of Fortran API fixes.
- Build the Fortran MPI API as a separate library to allow these
functions to be profiled properly.
- Add new --enable-mpirun-prefix-by-default configure option to always
imply the --prefix option to mpirun, preventing many rsh/ssh-based
users from needing to modify their shell startup files.
- Add a number of missing constants in the C++ bindings.
- Added tight integration with Sun N1 Grid Engine (N1GE) 6 and the
open source Grid Engine.
- Allow building the F90 MPI bindings as shared libraries for most
compilers / platforms. Explicitly disallow building the F90
bindings as shared libraries on OS X because of complicated
situations with Fortran common blocks and lack of support for
unresolved common symbols in shared libraries.
- Added stacktrace support for Solaris and Mac OS X.
- Update event library to libevent-1.1b.
- Fixed standards conformance issues with MPI_ERR_TRUNCATED and
setting MPI_ERROR during MPI_TEST/MPI_WAIT.
- Addition of "cm" PML to better support library-level matching
interconnects, with support for Myrinet/MX, and QLogic PSM-based
- Addition of "udapl" BTL for transport across uDAPL interconnects.
- Really check that the $CXX given to configure is a C++ compiler
(not a C compiler that "sorta works" as a C++ compiler).
- Properly check for local host only addresses properly, looking
for 127.0.0.0/8, rather than just 127.0.0.1.
- Implement MPI_TYPE_CREATE_DARRAY function.
- Fix race condition in shared memory BTL startup that could cause MPI
applications to hang in MPI_INIT.
- Fix syntax error in a corner case of the event library. Thanks to
Bert Wesarg for pointing this out.
- Add new MCA parameter (mpi_preconnect_oob) for pre-connecting the
"out of band" channels between all MPI processes. Most helpful for
MPI applications over InfiniBand where process A sends an initial
message to process B, but process B does not enter the MPI library
for a long time.
- Fix for a race condition in shared memory locking semantics.
- Add major, minor, and release version number of Open MPI to mpi.h.
Thanks to Martin Audet for the suggestion.
- Fix the "restrict" compiler check in configure.
- Fix a problem with argument checking in MPI_TYPE_CREATE_SUBARRAY.
- Fix a problem with compiling the XGrid components with non-gcc
- Fixed 64-bit alignment issues with TCP interface detection on
intel-based OS X machines.
- Adjusted TCP interface selection to automatically ignore Linux
channel-bonded slave interfaces.
- Fixed the type of the first parameter to the MPI F90 binding for
MPI_INITIALIZED. Thanks to Tim Campbell for pointing out the
- Fix a bunch of places in the Fortran MPI bindings where (MPI_Fint*)
was mistakenly being used instead of (MPI_Aint*).
- Fixes for fortran MPI_STARTALL, which could sometimes return
incorrect request values. Thanks to Tim Campbell for pointing out
- Include both pre- and post-MPI-2 errata bindings for
- Fix math error on Intel OS X platforms that would greatly increase
shared memory latency.
- Fix type casting issue with MPI_ERRCODES_IGNORE that would cause
errors when using a C++ compiler. Thanks to Barry Smith for
bringing this to our attention.
- Fix possible segmentation fault during shutdown when using the
- Remove the "hierarch" coll component; it was not intended to be
included in stable releases yet.
- Fix a race condition with stdout/stderr not appearing properly from
all processes upon termination of an MPI job.
- Fix internal accounting errors with the self BTL.
- Fix typos in the code path for when sizeof(int) != sizeof(INTEGER)
in the MPI F77 bindings functions. Thanks to Pierre-Matthieu
Anglade for bringing this problem to our attention.
- Fix for a memory leak in the derived datatype function
ompi_ddt_duplicate(). Thanks to Andreas Schafer for reporting,
diagnosing, and patching the leak.
- Used better performing basic algorithm for MPI_ALLGATHERV.
- Added a workaround for a bug in the Intel 9.1 C++ compiler (all
versions up to and including 20060925) in the MPI C++ bindings that
caused run-time failures. Thanks to Scott Weitzenkamp for reporting
- Fix MPI_SIZEOF implementation in the F90 bindings for COMPLEX
- Fixes for persistent requests involving MPI_PROC_NULL. Thanks to
Lisandro Dalcin for reporting the problem.
- Fixes to MPI_TEST* and MPI_WAIT* for proper MPI exception reporting.
Thanks to Lisandro Dalcin for finding the issue.
- Various fixes for MPI generalized request handling; addition of
missing MPI::Grequest functionality to the C++ bindings.
- Add "mpi_preconnect_all" MCA parameter to force wireup of all MPI
connections during MPI_INIT (vs. making connections lazily whenever
the first MPI communication occurs between a pair of peers).
- Fix a problem for when $FC and/or $F77 were specified as multiple
tokens. Thanks to Orion Poplawski for identifying the problem and
to Ralf Wildenhues for suggesting the fix.
- Fix several MPI_*ERRHANDLER* functions and MPI_GROUP_TRANSLATE_RANKS
with respect to what arguments they allowed and the behavior that
they effected. Thanks to Lisandro Dalcin for reporting the
- Really fix Fortran status handling in MPI_WAITSOME and MPI_TESTSOME.
- Various datatype fixes, reported by several users as causing
failures in the BLACS testing suite. Thanks to Harald Forbert, Ake
Sandgren and, Michael Kluskens for reporting the problem.
- Correctness and performance fixes for heterogeneous environments.
- Fixed a error in command line parsing on some platforms (causing
mpirun to crash without doing anything).
- Fix for initialization hangs on 64 bit Mac OS X PowerPC systems.
- Fixed some memory allocation problems in mpirun that could cause
random problems if "-np" was not specified on the command line.
- Add Kerberos authentication support for XGrid.
- Added LoadLeveler support for jobs larger than 128 tasks.
- Fix for large-sized Fortran LOGICAL datatypes.
- Fix various error checking in MPI_INFO_GET_NTHKEY and
MPI_GROUP_TRANSLATE_RANKS, and some collective operations
(particularly with regards to MPI_IN_PLACE). Thanks to Lisandro
Dalcin for reporting the problems.
- Fix receiving messages to buffers allocated by MPI_ALLOC_MEM.
- Fix a number of race conditions with the MPI-2 Onesided
- Fix the "tuned" collective componenete where some cases where
MPI_BCAST could hang.
- Update TCP support to support non-uniform TCP environments.
- Allow the "poe" RAS component to be built on AIX or Linux.
- Only install mpif.h if the rest of the Fortran bindings are
- Fixes for BProc node selection.
- Add some missing Fortran MPI-2 IO constants.
- Fix for Fortran string handling in various MPI API functions.
- Fix for Fortran status handling in MPI_WAITSOME and MPI_TESTSOME.
- Various fixes for the XL compilers.
- Automatically disable using mallot() on AIX.
- Memory fixes for 64 bit platforms with registering MCA parameters in
the self and MX BTL components.
- Fixes for BProc to support oversubscription and changes to the
mapping algorithm so that mapping processes "by slot" works as
- Fixes for various abort cases to not hang and clean up nicely.
- If using the Intel 9.0 v20051201 compiler on an IA64 platform, the
ptmalloc2 memory manager component will automatically disable
itself. Other versions of the Intel compiler on this platform seem
to work fine (e.g., 9.1).
- Added "host" MPI_Info key to MPI_COMM_SPAWN and
- Add missing C++ methods: MPI::Datatype::Create_indexed_block,
- Fix OSX linker issue with Fortran bindings.
- Fixed MPI_COMM_SPAWN to start spawning new processes in slots that
(according to Open MPI) are not already in use.
- Added capability to "mpirun a.out" (without specifying -np) that
will run on all currently-allocated resources (e.g., within a batch
job such as SLURM, Torque, etc.).
- Fix a bug with one particular case of MPI_BCAST. Thanks to Doug
Gregor for identifying the problem.
- Ensure that the shared memory mapped file is only created when there
is more than one process on a node.
- Fixed problems with BProc stdin forwarding.
- Fixed problem with MPI_TYPE_INDEXED datatypes. Thanks to Yven
Fournier for identifying this problem.
- Fix some thread safety issues in MPI attributes and the openib BTL.
- Fix the BProc allocator to not potentially use the same resources
across multiple ORTE universes.
- Fix gm resource leak.
- More latency reduction throughout the code base.
- Make the TM PLS (PBS Pro, Torque, Open PBS) more scalable, and fix
some latent bugs that crept in v1.1. Thanks to the Thunderbird crew
at Sandia National Laboratories and Martin Schaffoner for access to
testing facilities to make this happen.
- Added new command line options to mpirun:
--nolocal: Do not run any MPI processes on the same node as mpirun
(compatibility with the OSC mpiexec launcher)
--nooversubscribe: Abort if the number of processes requested would
--quiet / -q: do not show spurious status messages
--version / -V: show the version of Open MPI
- Fix bus error in XGrid process starter. Thanks to Frank from the
Open MPI user's list for identifying the problem.
- Fix data size mismatches that caused memory errors on PPC64
platforms during the startup of the openib BTL.
- Allow propagation of SIGUSR1 and SIGUSR2 signals from mpirun to
back-end MPI processes.
- Add missing MPI::Is_finalized() function.
- Various MPI datatype fixes, optimizations.
- Fixed various problems on the SPARC architecture (e.g., not
correctly aligning addresses within structs).
- Improvements in various run-time error messages to be more clear
about what they mean and where the errors are occurring.
- Various fixes to mpirun's handling of --prefix.
- Updates and fixes for Cray/Red Storm support.
- Major improvements to the Fortran 90 MPI bindings:
- General improvements in compile/linking time and portability
between different F90 compilers.
- Addition of "trivial", "small" (the default), and "medium"
Fortran 90 MPI module sizes (v1.0.x's F90 module was
equivalent to "medium"). See the README file for more
- Fix various MPI F90 interface functions and constant types to
match. Thanks to Michael Kluskens for pointing out the problems
- Allow short messagees to use RDMA (vs. send/receive semantics) to a
limited number peers in both the mvapi and openib BTL components.
This reduces communication latency over IB channels.
- Numerous performance improvements throughout the entire code base.
- Many minor threading fixes.
- Add a define OMPI_SKIP_CXX to allow the user to skip the mpicxx.h from
being included in mpi.h. It allows the user to compile C code with a CXX
compiler without including the CXX bindings.
- PERUSE support has been added. In order to activate it add
--enable-peruse to the configure options. All events described in
the PERUSE 2.0 draft are supported, plus one Open MPI
extension. PERUSE_COMM_REQ_XFER_CONTINUE allow to see how the data
is segmented internally, using multiple interfaces or the pipeline
engine. However, this version only support one event of each type
simultaneously attached to a communicator.
- Add support for running jobs in heterogeneous environments.
Currently supports environments with different endianness and
different representations of C++ bool and Fortran LOGICAL.
Mismatched sizes for other datatypes is not supported.
- Open MPI now includes an implementation of the MPI-2 One-Sided
- Open MPI is now configurable in cross-compilation environments.
Several Fortran 77 and Fortran 90 tests need to be pre-seeded with
results from a config.cache-like file.
- Add --debug option to mpirun to generically invoke a parallel debugger.
1.0.3 (unreleased; all fixes included in 1.1)
- Fix a problem noted by Chris Hennes where MPI_INFO_SET incorrectly
disallowed long values.
- Fix a problem in the launch system that could cause inconsistent
launch behavior, particularly when launching large jobs.
- Require that the openib BTL find <sysfs/libsysfs.h>. Thanks to Josh
Aune for the suggestion.
- Include updates to support the upcoming Autoconf 2.60 and Libtool
2.0. Thanks to Ralf Wildenhues for all the work!
- Fix bug with infinite loop in the "round robin" process mapper.
Thanks to Paul Donohue for reporting the problem.
- Enusre that memory hooks are removed properly during MPI_FINALIZE.
Thanks to Neil Ludban for reporting the problem.
- Various fixes to the included support for ROMIO.
- Fix to ensure that MPI_LONG_LONG and MPI_LONG_LONG_INT are actually
synonyms, as defined by the MPI standard. Thanks to Martin Audet
for reporting this.
- Fix Fortran 90 configure tests to properly utilize LDFLAGS and LIBS.
Thanks to Terry Reeves for reporting the problem.
- Fix shared memory progression in asynchronous progress scenarios.
Thanks to Mykael Bouquey for reporting the problem.
- Fixed back-end operations for predefined MPI_PROD for some
datatypes. Thanks to Bert Wesarg for reporting this.
- Adapted configure to be able to handle Torque 2.1.0p0's (and above)
new library name. Thanks to Brock Palen for pointing this out and
providing access to a Torque 2.1.0p0 cluster to test with.
- Fixed situation where mpirun could set a shell pipeline's stdout
to non-blocking, causing the shell pipeline to prematurely fail.
Thanks to Darrell Kresge for figuring out what was happening.
- Fixed problems with leave_pinned that could cause Badness with the
- Fixed problems with MPI_FILE_OPEN and non-blocking MPI-2 IO access.
- Fixed various InfiniBand port matching issues during startup.
Thanks to Scott Weitzenkamp for identifying these problems.
- Fixed various configure, build and run-time issues with ROMIO.
Thanks to Dries Kimpe for bringing them to our attention.
- Fixed error in MPI_COMM_SPLIT when dealing with intercommunicators.
Thanks to Bert Wesarg for identifying the problem.
- Fixed backwards handling of "high" parameter in MPI_INTERCOMM_MERGE.
Thanks to Michael Kluskens for pointing this out to us.
- Fixed improper handling of string arguments in Fortran bindings
for MPI-IO functionality
- Fixed segmentation fault with 64 bit applications on Solaris when
using the shared memory transports.
- Fixed MPI_COMM_SELF attributes to free properly at the beginning of
MPI_FINALIZE. Thanks to Martin Audet for bringing this to our
- Fixed alignment tests for cross-compiling to not cause errors with
recent versions of GCC.
- Fixed assembly race condition on AMD64 platforms.
- Fixed residual .TRUE. issue with copying MPI attributes set from
- Remove unnecessary logic from Solaris pty I/O forwarding. Thanks to
Francoise Roch for bringing this to our attention.
- Fixed error when count = 0 was given for multiple completion MPI
functions (MPI_TESTSOME, MPI_TESTANY, MPI_TESTALL, MPI_WAITSOME,
- Better handling in MPI_ABORT for when peer processes have already
died, especially under some resource managers.
- Random updates to README file, to include notes about the Portland
- Random, small threading fixes to prevent deadlock.
- Fixed a problem with handling long mpirun app files. Thanks to Ravi
Manumachu for identifying the problem.
- Fix handling of strings in several of the Fortran 77 bindings.
- Fix LinuxPPC assembly issues. Thanks to Julian Seward for reporting
- Enable pty support for standard I/O forwarding on platforms that
have ptys but do not have openpty(). Thanks to Pierre Valiron for
bringing this to our attention.
- Disable inline assembly for PGI compilers to avoid compiler errors.
Thanks to Troy Telford for bringing this to our attention.
- Added MPI_UNSIGNED_CHAR and MPI_SIGNED_CHAR to the allowed reduction
- Fix a segv in variable-length message displays on Opterons running
Solaris. Thanks to Pierre Valiron for reporting the issue.
- Added MPI_BOOL to the intrinsic reduction operations MPI_LAND,
MPI_LOR, MPI_LXOR. Thanks to Andy Selle for pointing this out to us.
- Fixed TCP BTL network matching logic during MPI_INIT; in some cases
on multi-NIC nodes, a NIC could get paired with a NIC on another
network (typically resulting in deadlock). Thanks to Ken Mighell
for pointing this out to us.
- Change the behavior of orterun (mpirun, mpirexec) to search for
argv and the cwd on the target node (i.e., the node where the
executable will be running in all systems except BProc, where the
searches are run on the node where orterun is invoked).
- Fix race condition in shared memory transport that could cause
crashes on machines with weak memory consistency models (including
- Fix warnings about setting read-only MCA parameters on bproc systems.
- Change the exit status set by mpirun when an application process is
killed by a signal. The exit status is now set to signo + 128, which
conforms with the behavior of (almost) all shells.
- Correct a datatype problem with the convertor when partially
unpacking data. Now we can position the convertor to any position
not only on the predefined types boundaries. Thanks to Yvan Fournier
for reporting this to us.
- Fix a number of standard I/O forwarding issues, including the
ability to background mpirun and a loss of data issue when
redirecting mpirun's standard input from a file.
- Fixed bug in ompi_info where rcache and bml MCA parameters would not
- Fixed umask issues in the session directory. Thanks to Glenn Morris
for reporting this to us.
- Fixed tcsh-based LD_LIBRARY_PATH issues with --prefix. Thanks to
Glen Morris for identifying the problem and suggesting the fix.
- Removed extraneous \n's when setting PATH and LD_LIBRARY_PATH in the
rsh startup. Thanks to Glen Morris for finding these typos.
- Fixed missing constants in MPI C++ bindings.
- Fixed some errors caused by threading issues.
- Fixed openib BTL flow control logic to not overrun the number of
send wqes available.
- Update to match newest OpenIB user-level library API. Thanks to
Roland Dreier for submitting this patch.
- Report errors properly when failing to register memory in the openib
- Reduce memory footprint of openib BTL.
- Fix parsing problem with mpirun's "-tv" switch. Thanks to Chris
Gottbrath for supplying the fix.
- Fix Darwin net/if.h configure warning.
- The GNU assembler unbelievably defaults to making stacks executable.
So when using gas, add flags to explicitly tell it to not make
stacks executable (lame but necessary).
- Add missing MPI::Request::Get_status() methods. Thanks to Bill
Saphir for pointing this out to us.
- Improved error messages on memory registration errors (e.g., when
using high-speed networks).
- Open IB support now checks firmware for how many outstanding RDMA
requests are supported. Thanks to Mellanox for pointing this out to
- Enable printing of stack traces in MPI processes upon SIGBUS,
SIGSEGV, and SIGFPE if the platform supports it.
- Fixed F90 compilation support for the Lahey compiler.
- Fixed issues with ROMIO shared library support.
- Fixed internal accounting problems with rsh support.
- Update to GNU Libtool 1.5.22.
- Fix error in configure script when setting CCAS to ias (the Intel
- Added missing MPI::Intercomm collectives.
- Fixed MPI_IN_PLACE handling for Fortran collectives.
- Fixed some more C++ const_cast<> issues. Thanks for Martin Audet
(again) for bringing this to our attention.
- Updated ROMIO with the version from MPICH 1.2.7p1, marked as version
- Fixes for some cases where the use of MPI_BOTTOM could cause
- Properly handle the case where an mVAPI does not have shared receive
queue support (such as the one shipped by SilverStorm / Infinicon
for OS X).
- Fixed assembly on Solaris AMD platforms. Thanks to Pierre Valiron
for bringing this to our attention.
- Fixed long messages in the send-to-self case.
- Ensure that when the "leave_pinned" option is used, the memory hooks
are also enabled. Thanks to Gleb Natapov for pointing this out.
- Fixed compile errors for IRIX.
- Allow hostfiles to have integer host names (for BProc clusters).
- Fixed a problem with message matching of out-of-order fragments in
multiple network device scenarios.
- Converted all the C++ MPI bindings to use proper const_cast<>'s
instead of old C-style casts to get rid of const-ness. Thanks to
Martin Audet for raising the issue with us.
- Converted MPI_Offset to be a typedef instead of a #define because it
causes problems for some C++ parsers. Thanks to Martin Audet for
bringing this to our attention.
- Improved latency of TCP BTL.
- Fixed index value in MPI_TESTANY to be MPI_UNDEFINED if some
requests were not MPI_REQUEST_NULL, but no requests finished.
- Fixed several Fortran MPI API implementations that incorrectly used
integers instead of logicals or address-sized integers.
- Fix so that Open MPI correctly handles the Fortran value for .TRUE.,
regardless of what the Fortran compiler's value for .TRUE. is.
- Improved scalability of MX startup.
- Fix datatype offset handling in the coll basic component's
- Fix EOF handling on stdin.
- Fix missing MPI_F_STATUS_IGNORE and MPI_F_STATUSES_IGNORE
instanatiations. Thanks to Anthony Chan for pointing this out.
- Add a missing value for MPI_WIN_NULL in mpif.h.
- Bring over some fixes for the sm btl that somehow didn't make it
over from the trunk before v1.0. Thanks to Beth Tibbitts and Bill
Chung for helping identify this issue.
- Bring over some fixes for the iof that somehow didn't make it over
from the trunk before v1.0.
- Fix for --with-wrapper-ldflags handling. Thanks to Dries Kimpe for
pointing this out to us.
Initial public release.