firstname.lastname@example.org // 941.312.1865
A background in art and design as well as in the techincal arts (3D animation). Professional experience with a variety of languages, frameworks, and databases. I am an interesting mix of right-and-left-brained operations.
Quality Distribution, Inc - Tampa, FL
Software Developer (Python, GAE) November 2011 -- current
At QDI, I'm a member of an agile team, who are currently working on a (Python) AppEngine application that aims to replace a wealth of legacy dot net apps which are at the core of our business.
Since starting on the project, I have:
- Built the foundation of an MVC framework on top of webapp2, jinja2, and NDB (app engine datastore ORM).
- Developed an NDB entity (de)serialization routines to allow us to use a single pipeline to transfer data from stringly-typed (more or less JSON) structures, to NDB model instances (and back again). The serialization pipeline was later adapted to support SQLAlchemy models as well.
- Created custom rich interfaces using a combination of jQuery, and LESS/CSS3.
Ringling College of Art and Design - Sarasota, FL
Security Analyst October 2010 -- November 2011
Daily duties are mainly analysis related, looking over logs, maintaining snort sensors, etc. In addition to this, I also support our LMS (Moodle) and build various Python tools and web apps (as needed).
Completed a small Django app which allows students to archive their work in a DSpace repository without needing them to fill in a lot of meta-data (we pull as much as possible from the registration database).
- Configure/Deploy IDS (Snort) sensors on campus.
- Monitor Snort alerts and investigate anomalies.
- Custom tool development for network event analysis and correlation (python, django).
HPC Engineer January 2009 -- October 2010
In this role I was responsible for development, maintenance, and support for all distributed render activities.
- Implemented a brand new render pipeline based on Windows HPC: ringling-render-tools.
- Maintained a large cluster of nodes using Sun Grid Engine (SGE), CAOS Linux, and Percues.
- Built render pipeline tools (using Autodesk Maya's python API) to simplify user interaction with RenderMan, and to detect issues in a user's animation file before dispatching to SGE (aka "the grid").
- Implemented a web (django) based front-end for SGE job submission and monitoring.
- Implemented a prototype application leveraging HTML5 video elements for institutional content syndication.
- Managing and deployed a number of web applications in apache, lighttpd, and IIS.
JBA Network - Asheville, NC
Application/UI Engineer October 2006 -- January 2009
In this PHP shop, I wore various hats ranging from front-end to back-end development.
- Zend Framework based application design and implementation.
- Designing/Implementing shared PHP5 APIs for internal projects.
- Database design.
- SEO (mostly client-side, markup-related, optimizations).
Ringling School of Art and Design 1999 -- 2004 BFA (Computer Animation).
Eclipse, Git, Mercurial, RenderMan, Snort, Blender, Maya, Postgres, MongoDB, MySQL, Subversion, Apache, Lighttpd, Lucene, Solr
Django, Webapp2 (AppEngine), Socket.IO, Zend Framework, jQuery