Pinnacle 21 Community
- Install Node.js http://nodejs.org/ LESS THAN VERSION 5, the highest 4.x
- Insert java (osx), java32, and java64 folders at root (version 1.7.0_72)
- Execute Commands
- "npm install"
- "npm install -g grunt-cli"
- "grunt run" or "grunt dev" on the project path
- Open app at /dist/pinnacle21-community-2.0.0/<your OS>/.../node-webkit.nw (or pinnacle21-community.exe)
- A key component during build is the cache directory
- windows: \desktop\cache\<nodewebkit version>\win
- **where version found at http://dl.nwjs.io/
Packaging for Release/Testing
- Ensure you have all of the latest configs from the Rules project or Google Drive (confirm with Max or Mike where the latest configs are).
- Ensure the latest jars are in Artifactory or at the very least inside your .m2 folder. If they are not, run the maven goal 'install' in IntelliJ.
- If you are building to test a jar or multiple jars, make sure you are on the correct branch(es) when you build and install the jar(s).
- Delete the 'lib' folder (/components/lib) to ensure the correct jars are downloaded during packaging.
- Run 'grunt dist --maven' inside the desktop project folder
- Copy the 'components', 'java64' and 'java32' folders from the root into 'dist/open-cdisc-community-2.x.x/<your os>'
- Grab the updated stylesheet from 'Google Drive/Engineering/Resources/CDISC/Define-XML-2.0/stylesheets/define2-0-0.xsl' and place it inside the '/components/reports' folder.
- Test that the packaging process was successful by running 'pinnacle21-community' and running each jar. Verify that the output of the respective runs is correct.
- Clear the reports folder of any generated files before release.
Components of root directory
- Uncaught Error: spawn EACCES
- problem is most likely due to a file not being accessible, or that the permissions are not accessible. Currently the java folder is copied over without the correct permissions.