It's very common that someone starts going through a tutorial and only half-way they realize they have the wrong Gazebo / OS / ROS version. Lots of wasted hours and frustration which could be saved with some big obvious warning upfront.
Right now, each tutorial has a small version box on the top right, which is often missed by users:
It would be nice to list things like:
- Min / max Gazebo version. Does the feature require that Gazebo be built from source? Is it available in a released version?
- Min / max ROS version
- Supported OS(s) (for example, SVG extrusion doesn't work on Mac).
- Compiler requirements (for example, does it need C++11 support?)
- Additional packages needed
- Additional hardware needed
A bonus would be to filter tutorials according to requirements. For example, "I use Gazebo 4 on Mac, show me all the tutorials which I can do".