For catkin workspace users, it's always recommended to run the commands below and rebuild the local workspace after new releases. Make sure also not to install
pre-release packages for SubT (e.g.
$ rm -rfv ~/.ignition/fuel/fuel.ignitionrobotics.org/openrobotics/models $ sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get install --only-upgrade libignition* $ sudo apt-get install --reinstall ros-melodic-ros1-ign $ sudo reboot $ cd ~/subt_ws/src/subt $ hg pull && hg up -C $ cd ~/subt_ws $ catkin_make install
- No code changes, only models changes that weren't synced in the previous release.
- Fixed IMU noise model dt (PR #94).
- Updated the collision of the ramp tunnel.
robot_namesfor all launch files (PR #289).
- Enable gamma write on color texture in depth camera (PR #193).
- Allow customizing odometry publish frequency and use sim time to throttle (PR #427).
- Includes a new script that creates the
/tmp/.docker.xauthentry before launching docker-compose.
- Added three(3) new simple/small tunnel environments for quick development tests (e.g.
- Updated the development environment and docker-compose documentation.
- New landing page for the virtual competition submissions.
- Relocated camera view for the X4 UAV.
- Added support in DepthCamera for generating RGB XYZ data.
- Improve the UGVs rotation behavior.
- Reduced the rate of warning messages generated by the robot_localization node. The messages are saved in
~/.ros/logs/latest/rosout.logfile and they should now remain < 1MB size.
- Updated tunnel meshes onto the Fuel server so LiDAR laser beams don't pass through. It also fixes the inside of the tunnel entrance; which was partially invisible.
- Added the Docker composer YAML file to allow teams to setup replicates of the cloud simulation locally for the SubT Virtual Testbed.
This release includes the fixes/changes below, installation instructions here.
- All cameras now publish compressed topics.
- New behavior for repeated artifact reports by only counting unique reports; which is composed by concatenating the report type and its location.
- Score files are updated at start and at every artifact report; which guarantees that information is not lost.
- A very useful tool is now included with this release that allows to find and visualize artifacts in the practice worlds, details here.
- Fixed the issue with inside of the tunnel entrance being partially invisible (catkin installations need to clear their local model: rm -rf ~/.ignition/fuel).
- The tutorial describing how to use
/subt/pose_from_artifact_originservice, has been updated. (hint: useful as solution template)
- API documentation has been updated with the latest changes.
- Moved artifact origin to center of tunnel entrance.
- Increased UGV battery-like to ~90 min.
- Added custom roll_pitch_yawrate_thrust_controller_node.
- Fixed level width in practice worlds.
- Fixed level size and position for tunnel circuit practice world 01 and 03 practice_world_levels.
- Remove the ros1 ign point cloud plugin, and replaces the functionality with the ros1 ign bridge.
- Added headless option to launch files headless_option.
- Removed ROS from CommsBroker remove_ros_from_commsbroker.
- Fixed RenderingAPIException: Couldn`t open X display.
- Documentation has been updated accordingly to reflect these changes.
- New docker image is available on DockerHub.
- Performance has improved by turning levels for the practice worlds On/Off, as the vehicle moves through tunnel sections. The performance is now 6x time faster.
- The battery model now has a topic that reports the state and message type.
- Deadlocks are now fixed.