A Command Line Reddit Viewer written in Haskell
- Browse reddit and any subreddits from within the terminal
- Search reddit
- Ability to login to your account to view the customised front page
- Ability to go forwards/backwards in the browsing history
- Ability to upvote, downvote, and unvote a Reddit submission
How to use
For best viewing results, please make sure the terminal/command line window to be at least 80-character wide and 50-character high
- r : Go to the front page
- r subreddit : Go to the specified subreddit
- g submission_index : When in the list view, read the comments of the submission
- enter/return key : Go to next page, applicable in both list and comment views
- a submission_index : When in the list view, display the content text associated with the article (Relevant for text based reddit submissions)
- a : When in the comment view, display the text associated with the current submission
- open submission_index : When in the list view, open the link associated with the submission
- open : When in the comment view, open the URL associated with the current submission
- open [glob_patttern]: When in the comment view, open the URL associated with the link that matches the glob pattern. Note: only the simple glob wildcard: * is supported at the moment
- search keywords : Search reddit with the specified keywords
- login username : Login; will be prompted for password
- back : Go back to the last page/view
- forward : Go forwards one page
- upvote submission_index : upvote this submission, only applicable if logged in.
- downvote submission_index : downvote this submission, only applicable if logged in.
- unvote submission_index : Remove vote from this submission, only applicable if logged in.
- exit : What it says
New in v1.3.2
- Updated cabal file so it could be compiled against Haskell Platform 2013
New in v1.3.1
- Finally fixed the dreaded http connection issue, no more disconnection after not using it for a few minutes.
New in v1.3
- Added ability to open links in the comment view, use command
open [glob_pattern]to open the URL associated with the link
New in v1.2
- Added ability to vote a Reddit submission: upvote, unvote, downvote
Developed on the Haskell Platform 2013,2.0.0, the viewer can be compiled using ghc v7.6.3 with the following 3rd-party packages/libraries(Other versions/platforms of the compiler should do too, but I haven't gotten around to testing them yet)
- json for Text.JSON
- ansi-terminal for System.Console.ANSI
- ansi-wl-pprint for Text.PrettyPrint.ANSI.Leijen
The source is released under the MIT license.