Welcome on the build DidJiX home page.
- an ArchLinux host (https://wiki.archlinux.org/)
- with make installed (http://www.gnu.org/software/make/)
- with mercurial installed (http://mercurial.selenic.com/)
- with archiso installed (https://projects.archlinux.org/archiso.git)
- and some space (about 4Gb).
Most of the commands below requires elevated privileges. archiso, make and mercurial can be simply installed with pacman.
Clone the DidJiX repository
- Clone the DidJiX repository
#~> hg clone https://bitbucket.org/patatetom/didjix DidJiX #~> cd DidJiX
Choose a branch
DidJiX repository comes with two branches: a default french branch and an us branch.
- If needed, update to branch us
#DidJiX> hg branches #DidJiX> hg update us #DidJiX> hg branches
Let's go with make
A makefile script comes with Didjix. It tries to automate the previous manual way.
- Start with make
- revert the changes introduced by the installation on the monitored files
#DidJiX> hg revert -Ca
or edit files and then commit changes (note that some pacnew files may be produced by initialisation and packages installation, compare it with followed files)
- if needed, generate a new initramfs file
#DidJiX> make initramfs
- if needed, refresh squash file system file
#DidJiX> make prepare
- and finally, make the iso file
#DidJiX> make iso
And now with my nice iso
- First, test it with a virtual solution
$DidJiX> export QEMU_AUDIO_DRV=alsa $DidJiX> qemu -enable-kvm -usb -device usb-tablet -device AC97 -cdrom out/DidJiX.iso
- finally, install it on target media like an hard disk, removable or not, or an usb stick
#DidJiX> cat out/DidJiX.iso > /dev/sdx
/dev/sdx is the target media, be extremely careful because all data on it will be lost!