Welcome on the build DidJiX home page.
You need :
- an ArchLinux host (https://wiki.archlinux.org/)
- with make installed (http://www.gnu.org/software/make/)
- with mercurial installed (http://mercurial.selenic.com/)
- with archiso installed (https://projects.archlinux.org/archiso.git)
- with syslinux installed (http://www.syslinux.org/)
- and some space (about 4Gb).
Most of the commands below requires elevated privileges. archiso, make, mercurial and syslinux can be simply installed with pacman.
Clone the DidJiX repository
- Clone the DidJiX repository :
#~> hg clone https://bitbucket.org/patatetom/didjix DidJiX #~> cd DidJiX
Choose a branch
DidJiX repository comes with two branches: a default french branch and an us branch.
- If needed, update to branch us :
#DidJiX> hg branches #DidJiX> hg update us #DidJiX> hg branches
Let's go with make
A makefile script comes with Didjix. It tries to automate the previous manual way.
- Start with make :
- revert the changes introduced by the installation on the monitored files :
#DidJiX> hg revert -Ca
or edit files and then commit changes (note that some pacnew files may be produced by initialisation and packages installation, compare it with followed files).
- if needed, generate a new initramfs file :
#DidJiX> make initramfs
- if needed, refresh squash file system file :
#DidJiX> make prepare
- and finally, make the iso file :
#DidJiX> make iso
And now with my nice iso
- First, test it with a virtual solution :
$DidJiX> export QEMU_AUDIO_DRV=alsa $DidJiX> qemu -enable-kvm -m 1024 -usb -device usb-tablet -device AC97 -cdrom out/DidJiX.iso $DidJiX> qemu -enable-kvm -m 1024 -usb -device usb-tablet -device AC97 -hda out/DidJiX.iso -snapshot
$DidJiX> qemu -enable-kvm -usb -device usb-tablet -device AC97 -cdrom out/DidJiX.iso -bios /usr/share/ovmf/ovmf_x64.bin $DidJiX> qemu -enable-kvm -usb -device usb-tablet -device AC97 -hda out/DidJiX.iso -snapshot -bios /usr/share/ovmf/ovmf_x64.bin
qemu (http://www.qemu.org/), kvm (http://www.linux-kvm.org/) and ovmf (http://www.tianocore.org/ovmf/) are used for this example.
- finally, install it on target media like an hard disk, removable or not, or an usb stick :
#DidJiX> cat out/DidJiX.iso > /dev/sdx
/dev/sdx is the target media, be extremely careful because all data on it will be lost!