VimRepress is a plugin for managing wordpress blog from Vim, using Markdown syntax.
- NEW/EDIT/DELETE wordpress Posts/Pages.
- In both Markdown / HTML format.
- Markdown text stored in the custom fields of wordpress.
- Upload attachments.
- Insert code highlight section.
- Preview a posts in local compiled version, or remote draft.
- wordpress.com account supported.
- Multiple account supported.
- BlogList [post|page]
- BlogNew [post|page]
- BlogSave [publish|draft]
- BlogPreview [local|publish|draft]
- BlogUpload *[path/to/your/local/file]
- BlogOpen *[post id or full article URL]
- BlogSwitch [0,1,2 ... N, number of account in your config]
- BlogCode [type of lang for the \<pre> element]
(Commands with a
*, argument must be present.)
~/.vimpressrc in the following format:
[Blog0] blog_url = http://a-blog.com/ username = admin password = 123456 [BlogWhatEver] blog_url = https://someone.wordpress.com/ username = someone password =
Hardcoding the password is optional. If a password is not provided the plugin will prompt for one the first time it's needed.
For Upgraded Users
Defining account info in
.vimrc is now obsolesced, if you have correspond defination in
.vimrc (for older version vimpress), they will automaticly copied into
~/.vimpressrc, now you're safe to remove the VIMPRESS defination in
Users from the 2.x.x versions of vimrepress, need to run the
markdown_posts_upgrade.py to upgrade the their posts data to be compatible with the 3.x.x version of vimrepress, or their Markdown source can not be used to re-edit by a newer vimrepress.