metaTED is a tool that makes it easy to download all of the `TED talks`_. It
-does so by creating over 1,
500 `metalinks`_ of TED talks varying in both the
+does so by creating over 1,00 `metalinks`_ of TED talks varying in both the
quality levels and possible talk groupings by directory. Features include:
* Creates talks with informative file names - i.e.
* More choice - creates one metalink per available talk grouping, with all
talks belonging to the same group placed inside a common directory. The
possible talk groupings are extracted from talks metadata (currently
- filming year, publishing year,
talk theme, event name and author).
+ filming year, publishing year, event name and author).
* Aggressive caching throughout the project, to avoid expensive network/CPU
operations as much as possible. Proper cache invalidation included.
.. _pip: http://pip.openplans.org/
.. _hosted on bitbucket: http://bitbucket.org/petar/metated/
+ * Fixed #13, #14: Switched to hard subtitled video download URLs, as there
+ have been issues with externally hosted soft subtitles. The 'standard'
+ quality level has unfortunately been removed, as TED doesn't provide hard
+ * Removed `theme` from `talk_info` metadata as TED stopped providing theme
+ information in their HTML.
- * Fixed issue #12 - Updated video file extension detection code as TED
- changed their video download URLs.
- Thanks to J. D. Stevens and Sam Tygier for the bug report.
+ * Updated author marker as TED updated their HTML layout.
+ * Fixed #15: Updated code for finding talk urls as TED added pagination to
+ their talk list page. Reintroduced `talks_urls` caching to improve