.. _pip: http://pip.openplans.org/
.. _hosted on bitbucket: http://bitbucket.org/petar/metated/
-metaTED 2.0.0 has been in the works for some time. It's the bigest change yet in
-the projects short lived 2.5 year history. Cool stuff has been added, bugs were
-fixed, but the API has seen some backwards incompatible changes as well.
- * Fixed `issue #4`_ - Added talk subtitles support, as per popular request.
- Major thanks to Randall Mason for the initial implementation.
- * Added parallelism to the crawler, leading to substantial performance
- * Added filming year, publishing year and event name to talks metadata,
- which automagically added new possible talk groupings.
- * Added parallelism to the metalink generator, leading to substantial
- performance improvements.
-.. _issue #4: https://bitbucket.org/petar/metated/issue/4/include-subtitles
- * Updated talk theme markers as TED updated their HTML layout and improved
+ * Blacklisted another talk URL with no downloads.
- * Updated video download markers and download URLs detection code as TED
- updated their HTML layout.
- * Updated author markers and detection code as TED updated their HTML
+ * Updated author and video metadata markers as TED updated their HTML
- * talk_info metadata cache is written to disk as soon as possible to
- minimize data loss on errors.
- * Removed `setup.cfg` as we no longer need it.
- * Removed the `dreamy-trac` project reference from `LICENSE`.
- * Switched from using `setuptools` to `distribute` for packaging.
- * Removed crawler based page caching as it's no longer used nor needed.
- * Switched from `BeautifulSoup` to `lxml` and removed custom crawler code in
- favor of `lxml.html.parse`.
- * Minimal Python version bumped from 2.4+ to 2.6+.
- * Major refactoring to modernize existing codebase, while improving code
- style, optimizing performance and getting rid of accumulated technical
- debt. Existing API has suffered a bit.