Bit Flags Robo
Entry in PyWeek #18 <http://www.pyweek.org/18/> Team: Petras Zdanavičius PW 18 Members: petraszd
You might need to install some of these before running the game:
pymunk (4.0.0): http://www.pymunk.org six (1.6.1) http://pythonhosted.org/six/ (Included in source) cocos2d (0.6.0): http://cocos2d.org/ (Included in source) pyglet (1.2alpha1): http://pyglet.org/ (Included in source)
RUNNING THE GAME
On Windows or Mac OS X, locate the "run_game.pyw" file and double-click it.
Otherwise open a terminal / console and "cd" to the game directory and run:
HOW TO PLAY THE GAME
If You have problem if Red Gate, please read SPOILERS section.
You control a robot by turning on/off it's bits. Use keyboard keys from 1 to 8. At the beginning not all bits are available. You need to collect them to activate rest of Your bits.
- 1: Move
- 2: Rotate counterclockwise
- 3: Rotate clockwise
- 4: Turn on sensor. Sensor "sees" and locks itself with a target only if target is the same color as sensor
- 5: Turn on red light. Depends on 4
- 6: Turn on green light. Depends on 4
- 7: Turn on blue light. Depends on 4
- 8: Turn on shooting. Depends on 4 and 5-7. Robot shoots only if target is locked within sensor
Kill all the enemies (Three) to win the game.
Sometimes it throws:
Chipmunk warning: High EPA iterations: 30 bla, bla, bla
Please ignore it. It is known pymunk mini-bug.
If You are having weird error messages You can try to remove (or rename) cocos/ or pyglet/ or six.py and install them in proper way (Example: pip).
No music. No sounds. I had not time.
Read LICENSE.txt file.
- Font: Munro by Ten by Twenty (http://tenbytwenty.com/products/category/typefaces/)
"Red Gate" problem
You need to turn on sensor (4th bit) and red color (5th bit) and shooting (8th bit) and drive player near gate. Than it starts shooting.