GeolocationTCP creates a simple TCP server which interfaces the Windows 8 Location API and serves NMEA sentences. Intended for use with OpenCPN.
The software is provided "as-is", no warranties. Use at our own risk!
How to use
- Download GeolocationTCP-r9.exe and start the program.
- Open OpenCPN, go to Options > Connections and create new Network connection with Adress 127.0.0.1 and DataPort 15555.
- Windows will try to locate your position using either of these sources: Cellular, Wifi, Satellite. Thus if you want to see what you get offshore, turn off your cellular and wifi connections.
- The frequency of location updates might be quite irregular.
- If your position in OpenCPN is off, try
Settings > User Interfaceand set
Show Lat/Long asto
Degrees, Minutes, Seconds.
Open the project in Visual Studio and add references to
Windows.Foundation. Then build.