Djangobb comes as a Django project, not as a Django package. We changed the following things:
- We refactored it into a package
- Added a setup.py so it can be installed via pip/pypi
- Added the possibility to run it without xapian installed on the machine (only the search won't work now)
- The media files structure plays nice with the staticfiles app. No need to copy files manually.
- Adapted it to work for Django1.2 (was mostly the csrf token). We die not fully test this yet
So install it by putting: -e hg+http://bitbucket.org/philippwassibauer/djangobb#egg=djangobb into your requirements.txt and add djangobb to your INSTALLED_APPS. or pip install -e hg+http://bitbucket.org/philippwassibauer/djangobb#egg=djangobb -------------------------
What is DjangoBB?
DjangoBB is a quick and simple forum which uses the Django Framework (written in Python language). Abbreviation DjangoBB stands for Django Bulletin Board. DjangoBB is distributed under the BSD license.
The basic concept of the forum progress is:
the usage of various DBMS (MySQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle, SQLite) the ease of integration into any Django project and the ease of installation the usage of standard libraries for launching on conventional hostings with python support user-friendly installation process classic view of the forum like IPB, PhpBB, Punbb easy forum setup high speed reliability At the current stage of development the main object is the functional implementation of the PunBB forum, in the sequel it is projected to expand it significantly.
Django 1.1 PIL python-markdown django-authopenid ( url) for openid django-registration 0.7 ( url) djapian ( url) django-messages ( url)