- for a definition thereof.
I don't want to be critical, and am offering help here. But it took me a while to get a project structure going that was doing well under various criteria. So I'm creating this issue to discuss, and I can create a PR to reference this issue later.
The current packaging is a tad awkward for a few reasons:
- The project can't currently be referenced as a repository requirement, e.g. by specifying
-e hg+http://hg.myproject.org/MyProject/#egg=MyProject- the requirement works, but lea can't peer-import then.
- Project dependencies should be part of setup.py so that pypi tracks them well. This applies as well to 'extra' (optional) dependencies such as sympy, etc.
- Everything should still work for pip, i.e. requirements.txt, so that tox environments can be configured well.
- Ideally it should be easy to use setup.py to create a wheel.
I have a bunch of projects set up to work like that, and wouldn't mind creating a PR - but it's enough effort that I'd want to know first if there's interest in that.