What is it?
Portlets are content objects which are managed in Slots. Slots can be freely defined and placed anywhere within a HTML page.
Portlets are usual content objects, that means they can have arbitrary fields and functionalities.
There are also some more advanced features like inheriting and blocking of portlets.
django-portlets provides just a generic engine to manage portlets. You can find a comprehensive implementation within LFS.
django-portlets comes with a simple example application which shows how to use it.
For more documentation please visit: http://packages.python.org/django-portlets/
1.0 beta 1 (2010-05-17)
- First beta release.
- Display only registered portlets
- Changed documentation to one page (for now)
- Example TextPortlet: made context paramenter of render method optional.
- Added tests for models
- Added tests
- Bugfix: Check whether the content object implements get_parent_for_portlets within utils.has_portlets
- Added documentation
- Added simple example implementation
- Initial public release