A small light web browser for Mac OS X based on webkit
- Get Xcode from the App Store. Its deliciously free.
- Clone this repository
- Open the
- Click the nice big run button at the top left hand side of the Xcode window
- Wait a few seconds
- You now have Kimono running
There are lots of things todo. Play around and see what needs to be implemented.
Heres a quick shortlist
- Some sort of application icon. Would be great to have something cute.
- Better icons. I was using the wonderful Glyphish Pro icon set, but I had to strip it from the repository to open source it
- Open in new window/open in new tab
- Tab switcher needs some keyboard bindings love
- url bar is pretty dumb. Could use magic like autocomplete, search, etc
- Save pages to the file system
- Load pages from the file system
- Slide toolbar over webview when mouse moves
Oh and don't forget to checkout the
LICENSE file in the source code. All contributions are re-licensed under it to avoid dark armies of lawyers battling on our plain of existence. We prefer to keep them in lawyer-mordor.
First time rocking out with Webkit?
Read up on the Webkit Objective-C programming guide to get a good introduction into the Webkit Cocoa architecture. I sleep with mine under my pillow at all times.