def __init__(self, interval, event, *channels, **kwargs):
:param interval: the delay or interval to wait for until
- the event is fired. If interval is specified as
- datetime, the interval is recalculated as the time span from
- now to the given datetime.
- :type interval: datetime or float number
+ the event is fired. If interval is specified as
+ datetime, the interval is recalculated as the
+ time span from now to the given datetime.
+ :type interval: ``datetime`` or number of seconds as a ``float``
- :param event: the event to fire.
- :type event: :class:`~.events.Event`
+ :param event: the event to fire.
+ :type event: :class:`~.events.Event`
- If the optional keyword argument *persist* is set to ``True``,
- the event will be fired repeatedly. Else the timer fires the
- event once and then unregisters itself.
+ :param persist: An optional keyword argument which if ``True``
+ will cause the event to be fired repeatedly
+ once per configured interval until the timer
+ is unregistered. **Default:** ``False``
+ :type persist: ``bool``