Parties should be notified of these events:
- when a message is rejected (sender)
- when a message or a reply is received (recipient)
An email is sent, using these templates:
- :file:`postman/email_visitor_subject.txt` for the subject
- :file:`postman/email_visitor.txt` for the body
The available context variables are:
- site: the Site instance
- object: the Message instance
- action: 'rejection' or 'acceptance'
Default templates are provided with the application. Same as for the views, you can override them, and design yours.
Special case: In case of a rejection by the auto moderation feature, the user is immediately aware of it, so there is no need for a notification in addition.
If a notifier application is configured (see :ref:`optional_settings`), the following labels are used:
- postman_rejection to notify the sender of the rejection
- postman_message to notify the recipient of the reception of a message
- postman_reply to notify the recipient of the reception of a reply
Some extra context variables are passed in the call to the notifier application and so are available in the templates:
- pm_message: the Message instance
- pm_action: 'rejection' or 'acceptance'
If no notifier application is used, an email is sent, using these templates:
In that case, the information about context variables and templates is the same as in the :ref:`for_visitors` section above.