SMS command line!
* Sign up for a free trial account on Twilio:
* Take note of your account SID, auth token, sandbox phone number, and
PIN number on the dashboard page - you'll need them in a sec
* Validate your cell number:
Add Caller ID
Once your number is validated, you'll be able to send SMS to it
* Forward port 8080 to your computer
If you're not firewalled, don't worry about this step
* Run this command. Stuff in <>s is for you to fill in:
(phone numbers are written with no spaces, and no country code if
you're in the US)
./sms_demo_receive.py <your cell number> | ./exec_stream.py | ./sms_demo_send.py --from=<your sandbox phone number> --to=<your cell number> --auth_sid=<your account SID> --auth_token=<your auth token> --demo_pin=<your demo pin>
* Send a SMS to the sandbox phone number listed on your dashboard page.
Use this format: xxxx-xxxx some command here
where xxxx-xxxx is your demo pin
* wait a few minutes
For some reason Twilio has a few minutes latency when it receives SMS.
Upgrading to a real account might help, haven't tried yet.
* When you get the response, marvel.
Few things to note:
* You can use pipes and other operators like that.
* If the command takes longer than a minute, it'll be killed.
* The response is truncated to 150 characters. Still working on having
it send multiple messages for long output