* Fix some issues with bytes/unicode on Python 3
* Distribute using setuptools rather than paver.
* Minor tweaks for Python 3 support. Now installs on Python 3.
* Added error checking when sending a message - for both message length and
embedded carriage returns. Fixes #4.
* Updated README.
* Improved Unicode support. Fixes failing tests and errors lowering Unicode
* Issue #3541414 - The ServerConnection and DCCConnection now encode any
strings as UTF-8 before transmitting.
* Issue #3527371 - Updated strings.FoldedCase to support comparison against
objects of other types.
* Shutdown the sockets before closing.
Applications that are currently encoding unicode as UTF-8 before passing the
strings to `ServerConnection.send_raw` need to be updated to send Unicode
This release officially deprecates 2.0.1-2.0.3 in favor of 3.0.
* Re-release of irc 2.0 (without the changes from 2.0.1-2.0.3) for
correct compatibility indication.
* DelayedCommands now use the local time for calculating 'at' and 'due'
times. This will be more friendly for simple servers. Servers that expect
UTC times should either run in UTC or override DelayedCommand.now to
return an appropriate time object for 'now'. For example::
irc.client.DelayedCommand.now = irc.client.DelayedCommand.utcnow
* Added irc.client.PeriodicCommandFixedDelay. Schedule this command
to have a function executed at a specific time and then at periodic
* Removed `irclib` and `ircbot` legacy modules.
* Fix file saving using dccreceive.py on Windows. Fixes #2863199.
* Created NickMask class from nm_to_* functions. Now if a source is
a NickMask, one can access the .nick, .host, and .user attributes.
* Use correct attribute for saved connect args. Fixes #3523057.
* Added ServerConnection.reconnect method. Fixes #3515580.
* Added missing events. Fixes #3515578.
* Moved functionality from irclib module to irc.client module.
* Moved functionality from ircbot module to irc.bot module.
* Retained irclib and ircbot modules for backward-compatibility. These
will be removed in 1.0.
* Renamed project to simply 'irc'.
To support the new module structure, simply replace references to the irclib
module with irc.client and ircbot module with irc.bot. This project will
support that interface through all versions of irc 1.x, so if you've made
these changes, you can safely depend on `irc >= 0.7, <2.0dev`.
* Fixed failing test where DelayedCommands weren't being sorted properly.
DelayedCommand a now subclass of the DateTime object, where the command's
due time is the datetime. Fixed issue #3518508.
* Fixed incorrect usage of Connection.execute_delayed (again).
* Minimum Python requirement is now Python 2.6. Python 2.3 and earlier should use 0.5.0
* Removed incorrect usage of Connection.execute_delayed. Added Connection.execute_every.
Fixed issue 3516241.
* Use new-style classes.