- <call>get_metrics(text, [, ptsize
, pixel_coords, grid_fitted]) -> [(...), ...]</call>
+ <call>get_metrics(text, [, ptsize]) -> [(...), ...]</call>
Returns the glyph metrics for each character in 'text'.
(min_x, max_x, min_y, max_y, horizontal_advance)
By default, these values are returned as grid-fitted pixel
- coordinates (ints). More precision can be obtained by setting
- *pixel_coords* to False, to obtain decimal numbers instead of
- ints, and by setting *grid_fitted* to False, which will return
- unfitted coordinates (i.e. the ones used by the subhinting
+ coordinates (ints). Optionally, one of the following constants
+ (which can be found on the FreeType constants module) may be passed
+ as the bbmode argument:
+ BBOX_EXACT: Return accurate floating point values.
+ BBOX_EXACT_GRIDFIT: Return accurate floating point values aligned
+ BBOX_PIXEL: Return pixel coordinates (ints).
+ BBOX_PIXEL_GRIDFIT (default): Return grid-aligned pixel coordinates.
The calculations are done using the font's default size in points.
Optionally you may specify another point size to use.