=Changes required to port pygame for Series 60=
+Changes required to port pygame for Series 60=
-This file is an attempt to keep
some kind of track of what has been changed
+This file is an attempt to keep track of what has been changed
and why to make pygame reality on PyS60.
The extension module names have been renamed. On PC the native extensions
can be put under pygame directory, but on Symbian this is not possible.
-All native extensions must be placed under sys\bin directory. This is why
-the names were changed to pygame_<extension>. A python wrapper was created
-to simply import all attributes of the native extension to keep the pygame
+All native extensions must be placed under sys\bin directory.
-The extensions are also built-in to the Python.dll to avoid polluting the
-sys\bin directory with over 10 new dlls.
+The extensions are built-in to a single library to avoid polluting the
+sys\bin directory with over 10 new dlls. The modules are set as built-in modules
-Author Jussi Toivola <firstname.lastname@example.org>
+The names of the extensions were changed to pygame_<extension>. A python wrappers
+are used( see symbian/lib ) to simply import all attributes of the native extension
+to keep the pygame API the same.
+To handle the pygame_ prefix, a new preprocessor definition MODPREFIX is defined
+in pygame.h. It is defined as empty string by default and set to "pygame_" for
=== Getting necessary libraries ===
+Create symbian/deps directory
Get ogg to symbian/deps/ogg
- IMPORTANT: Revision 7524
- SVN: http://svn.xiph.org/trunk/ogg
- IMPORTANT: Revision 7543
- SVN: http://svn.xiph.org/trunk/vorbis
- Available at: http://koti.mbnet.fi/mertama/sdl.html
- Follow the instructions and copy the pathced SDL S60 folder to symbian/deps/SDL
- The pygame is implemented as static library to be statically linked to pygame application.
- You can select the python.dll to link against by giving scons parameter 'pythondll'
- ex. scons pythondll=Python222
+- default is "pygame_python"