Port Pygame repository to Bitbucket/Mercurial
Posted to email@example.com by René Dudfield on Aug. 4, 2011:
Subject: transition plan was Re: [pygame] contemplating move to bitbucket(and hg). what do you think?
I've started on a migration plan for bitbucket. If anyone has any feedback, please let me know :)
They will be done in roughly the order written.
- bitbucket url is https://bitbucket.org/pygame
- registered this already.
- using our own hg.pygame.org domain is possible: http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/BITBUCKET/Using+your+Own+Bitbucket+Domain+Name
- Adding contributors to the bitbucket repository.
- will post a message on the mail list for people who want to be added.
- No way to import bugzilla bugs into bitbucket issues? Need to check if this has been done before?
- there is an issues api http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/BITBUCKET/Issues
- import all of the history with the hg convert plugin.
- Need author map, to convert pygame svn author usernames into
bitbucket user names for people who care.
- email mailing list asking for bitbucket usernames of commiters.
- the format needed is: 'First Last <firstname.lastname@example.org>'
- will check an authormap file into svn.
- what to do with branches, and trunk?
- instead of a trunk the root should be the trunk.
- uses 'creol' syntax. Will need to convert pages from html into
- there is a html2creol converter here: http://code.google.com/p/python-creole/
- will keep current pygame wiki up, with links to new pages until conversion is complete.
- Check with bitbucket if they have plans to support .rst soon.
- need to create mirror system to keep website up to date.
- on wiki change, download new data then convert from creol format into html.
- uses 'creol' syntax. Will need to convert pages from html into this format.
- build page(spectacularly adequate). Will need to be updated to take changes from hg instead of svn.
- old subversion.
- delete files in trunk, and put a we_have_moved.txt file in there.
- ftp mirror system.
- mirror download files from the bitbucket download page to the pygame /ftp page.
- need to think how the html page will be structured. Do we just list all files on bitbucket? I think we just list all of the files on bitbucket download page, and group them by OS.
- update hacking page.
- instructions on hg, and submitting patches. As well as writing docs.