Planning/status for the first morning
Holger is AWOL, Christian is doing paperwork, Armin and Nik aren't here yet...
Looking at the 0.9 issues, critical first:
* 111 test reports / platform sorted :
* 194 Advance rctypes approach to become usable
Basically done (ask Armin)
* 197 implement __del__ support for framework gcs
Needs more testing (particularly with the stacklessgc), but we think this
* 198 implement tasklet pickling
No problem at all! hahahaha
- finish needed object type pickling/unpickling
- finish and integrate explict resume points support
- use the latter to implement restarting after unpickling
(likely hack! hack! hack! until it works)
Tasklet cloning has become completely different, that kind of works now
(needs more testing).
* 30 dist -> trunk, dist becomes newest release
Not something to do at a sprint.
* 81 weakrefs
This is about 90% done, only the other 90% to go :)
Many of the CPython tests are hopeless, we need
modified-2.4.1/test/test_weakref.py. Exposing gc.collect() would help.
Now the bugs:
* 137 Control-C runtime support
No progress here. Hopefully not that hard.
* 181 time module is incomplete
Will be done by the SoC ctypes project we hope :)
* 182 compiler crash on windows
We need a windows user for this?
* 183 windows build needs superuser
* 184 compiled pypy-c is host dependent
How much of this do we want to do for 0.9?
* 195 Make website doc generation more reliable
* 21 _file.py needs more tests
Yes, it does.
* 22 app-level docstrings missing everywhere
Should be an easy sprint task.
* 3 fix real bugs exposed by test_descr
We can do this now we have weakrefs, but it's a bonus point type task.
* 95 create a glossary for common PyPy terms
Should be done, at last.
* 101 Tool for discovering REV that broke translation
We're surviving without it ok, eric's nightly benchmarks help.
* 103 finish posix module
* 145 implement -m command line option
Probably not critical for 0.9.
* 199 finish app-level stackless support
This should be rated 'critical'! Not sure what the status is.
* 200 moving gcs
Another GC bonus point. Probably not going to happen for 0.9.
* 34 running translator goals per revision
See comments on issue101.
* 41 roadmap till PyPy 1.x
Well, yes. We need to have this by the end of the sprint, I guess.
* 44 have a doc chapter for CPython-dev'ers
This is part of getting the ext-compiler to be usable in some sense.
There should be an "0.9 documentation" issue.
* 74 come up with nice pictures/diagrams
It's not so much coming up with these things as actually linking to them
from the docs that remains to be done.
* 133 remove unused files
Part of preparing for the release.
* 4 code integrity in documentation
No closer to fixing the hard problems at the moment?
* 6 Allow users to specify 'allwaysnosy'
This is a codespeak issue, mainly.